Delicious buttery noodles in just 15 minutes!! These Buttered Noodles with Parmesan are so simple and make the perfect easy side to pretty much anything. Even the most picky eaters will love these! A great one to have in your back pocket!
Pasta lovers, get excited! Because you can now have restaurant quality garlic butter noodles at home in record time! These noodles make the perfect side for any main meal you’re serving and the entire family with be thanking you for making them.
Not only are these buttery noodles super quick and easy to throw together, they are made with super simple ingredients. In fact, you probably already have these ingredients on hand at home! Just 4 main ingredients, plus a couple of spices!
To make this a complete meal, pair alongside your favorite protein. I almost always make these noodles when I’m making my One-Pan Caprese Chicken or Turkey Ricotta Meatballs because they go so well together! It would also pair great with Swedish Meatballs or Beef Stroganoff.
To make these buttered noodles gluten free, simply substitute gluten-free noodles for the egg noodles. To make this dish dairy free, sub vegan butter for the regular butter and omit the parmesan cheese.
Truly such a classic simple dish and a great super easy recipe to keep in your back pocket!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY BUTTERED NOODLES RECIPE
- The best, lightened up comfort food side dish!
- Quick and easy – ready in JUST 15 minutes.
- Light but full of flavor – buttery, herby and so delicious!
- Crowd pleaser – a side dish the whole family will be stoked for.
- Great on their own but also pairs perfectly with a variety of proteins.
- Can easily be made gluten or dairy-free.
- Pasta- Egg noodles are the classic choice but you can use any type of pasta here really. Penne, angel hair, bowtie, get creative with the pasta shapes! To make this dish gluten free, use gluten-free pasta.
- Butter- I used unsalted butter. Use dairy-free butter if needed.
- Parmesan cheese– For best results, I highly recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese here! Omit if dairy free.
- Parsley – I used fresh parsley. Italian seasoning would also work here or any other fresh herbs you had on hand.
- Black Pepper– I love using freshly cracked ground pepper!
HOW TO MAKE
- Fill a large pot with water. Add one tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the egg noodles to the salted water and cook for 5 minutes. We’re going for al dente noodles. Then reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the noodles. Add the cooked noodles back to the pot.
- Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until the butter has melted. Stir in half of the pasta cooking liquid or until desired consistency. Then stir in the chopped parsley. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to the finished noodles to taste. Add some red pepper flakes for a little extra spice and serve!
HOW TO STORE
Store leftover noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
BUTTERED NOODLES WITH PARMESAN: FAQ
You sure can! To make this recipe gluten free, just be sure to use a gluten-free pasta!
Yes! To make this dish diary free, sub vegan butter for the regular butter and omit the parmesan cheese.
I always make these noodles when I make my One-Pan Caprese Chicken or Turkey Ricotta Meatballs! But these noodles truly go great with any main course meal. Chicken breasts, beef ragu, steak, salmon, shrimp – are all a great option to pair with these noodles!
MAIN DISHES TO SERVE WITH BUTTERED NOODLES
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these buttered noodles with parmesan and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!