This One Pan Caprese Chicken is fresh, flavorful, and makes my kitchen smell incredibly delicious. And it’s all done with just one pan! Enjoy this recipe on its own or pair with your favorite sides like pasta or roasted vegetables. It’s guaranteed to impress!
You know the one type of meal you’re always in the mood for? The kind that could fix almost any bad day? For me, it’s Italian. Pizza, pasta, garlic bread, calamari—all of it tastes so dang amazing. All I have to do is get a whiff and I start to drool. How lucky for me is it that it’s so easy to recreate Italian meals at home?!
So, I whipped up this One Pan Caprese Chicken, and let me tell ya. It’s fresh. It’s flavorful. It makes my kitchen smell incredibly delicious. And I did it with just one pan! This is an easy, fancy dinner to make that will impress all of your guests, and even yourself!
This One Pan Caprese Chicken is BURSTING at the seams with fresh Italian flavors. Warm, melty mozzarella slices, soft, smokey tomatoes, fresh basil, juicy, tender chicken all topped with a beautiful and shiny balsamic glaze…you might not even believe this came out of your oven! But, I assure you, it did.
Pair this delicious dish with your favorite pasta, spaghetti squash, or salad for a complete meal! You can even make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator as part of your meal prep line-up.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CAPRESE CHICKEN
Only one pan required means easy cooking and easy clean up!
Super simple to make! Don’t be intimidated. Even if you don’t consider yourself a chef, you can whip up this dish!
It looks so fancy! A great option for date night.
You’ll probably have all the ingredients you need already in your pantry or fridge.
This meal is high in protein and low in fat and carbs. You can pair it with whatever you want to easily hit your nutrition goals.
Who doesn’t love cheesy, Italian chicken? It’s melt in your mouth good!!
- Chicken breast – Tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection.
- Olive oil – A great source of healthy fat! This also helps us get the classic Italian flavor we’re going for.
- Balsamic vinegar – Adds a subtle smokey flavor and looks beautiful drizzled on top of this meal.
- Lemon juice – The acidity helps balance our flavors.
- Garlic cloves – Ummm…what’s Italian food without garlic?!
- Cherry tomatoes – The perfect size and prettiest pop of color.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese – Melty and gooey and stretchy…oh so delicious.
- Basil – A pop of freshness!
HOW TO MAKE ONE PAN CAPRESE CHICKEN
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and ½ tablespoon olive oil. Then add the chicken, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Warm ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly or has reached an internal temp of 165°F.
- Remove chicken, place on a plate, and cover with foil. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to sauté pan. Then, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until skin starts to soften and wrinkle, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and quickly place chicken back in pan. Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of freshly sliced mozzarella.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes. Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and garnish with fresh basil to serve.
HOW TO SERVE
As I mentioned before, this One Pan Caprese Chicken is well balanced and easy to pair with whatever you need to meet your nutrition goals. Here are some yummy ideas to complete this meal:
- Serve with a helping of spaghetti or any other type of pasta for truly classic Italian plate.
- Try it with cooked spaghetti squash for all the pasta vibes without all the carbs.
- Slice up the chicken and serve with it’s fixings overtop or along side a salad.
- Plop this chicken right on a sandwich! These cheesy chicken breasts and smokey tomatoes were made for a hoagie or a bun.
- Play with fun sides! You can’t go wrong with roasted veggies like broccoli or green beans, or mashed potatoes or cauliflower!
Looking for other Italian style recipes? Check these out:
BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this caprese chicken skillet and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!