Ham and raspberry jam meet cheese and bread in this insanely delicious, healthier take on a classic Monte Cristo sandwich. And with macros like these, this wrap is sure to be on repeat!
This wrap came to mind one day when making my usual Jammin’ Crunch Wrap for breakfast one morning. Monte Cristo’s are my JAM. Pun intended 😉 And just knew I had to dedicate a special post and recipe to this baby!
I kept my egg white + cauliflower rice patty has the base, because let’s be real, that combo is the best thing that has happened since peanut butter and jelly. Since bread and cheese. Since jelly and cheese! Okay you get the idea. But seriously, the volume this patty packs makes my raging appetite very happy. And after adding ranch seasoning to it… the flavor is absolutely delicious!
And while we’re talking about flavor… switching up the strawberry for the raspberry jam and eating it alongside the ham (alongside the cheese and bread) wow. wow. wow. The powdered sugar was just the icing on the cake! Or in the case, the sugar sprinkle on the sammie. Okay enough bad puns for one day. 😂
To change it up a little more, I also used a white American cheese slice instead of my usual 2% American cheese slice. Dang have y’all had these??? Next level cheese slices for sure. I seriously could go on and on about how amazing this wrap is. I insist that you at least try it once so you know what I am talking about here!
What You Need
- Lavash bread or flat wrap of some sort – my favorite ones to use are Cut Da Carb or Joseph’s lavash bread. The nutrition below is using Joseph’s lavash bread since that one is sold at grocery stores and more readily available (Cut Da Carb wraps can only be ordered from their website). I did also include a “naked” wrap version with just the contents of the wrap factored in for a separate MFP entry if you need to use another type of bread. Just search “Lauren Fit Foodie Monte Cristo Crunch Wrap Naked.”
- Egg whites
- Cauliflower rice (I prefer frozen because its fresher)
- Ranch seasoning – you could also make your own seasoning to flavor the egg white cauli patty but ranch is just so dang good!
- Laughing cow cheese
- White American cheese slice
- Thick cut sliced ham – I used Natural Choice cherrywood
- Confectioners sugar for topping!
What To Eat With
- Air-fried broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower
- Roasted potatoes/sweet potatoes
- Chips of any kind
- Fruit! Sliced apples, strawberries, oranges, whatever floats you boat.
- And you can never go wrong with a side salad!
A close up of that beautiful oozy jam for our viewing pleasure. She is a beaut!
If you find your crunch wrap folding skills are less than subpar, check out how I fold mine in the video above! And if all else fails, just fold like a burrito. It will still taste yummy regardless, I promise. 😂
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie) because I love seeing your yummy recreations!