Ginormous, protein-packed breakfast crunch wrap filled with egg whites, cheese, and yes, strawberry jam! It’s a breakfast full of flavor explosions and epic proportions! Quite literally 😉 And a LFF reader favorite! 🙌🏼
I have now successfully had this crunch wrap every day for a week, so I figured it was about time I posted it! I am so incredibly impressed with how this one turned out!
This crunch wrap is one of those foods that you can’t put down no matter how hard you try. There is no bite, swallow, sip of water, do something else for a second and repeat. No. You bite, take another bite, then another, and another, and then you have to consciously remind yourself that you should probably take a sip of water now… 😂
THE FLAVORS. Really I can’t even put into words. There is bread, cheese, more cheese, savory ranch flavor and sweet strawberry jam. I have always been one who loves a good sweet + savory combo and this wrap is no exception! I mean wrap is the EPITOME of sweet and savory!
If it sounds weird to you, just trust me. Just try it. I can’t rave enough about how delicious this wrap truly is and I want everyone to experience the magic!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JAMMIN CRUNCH WRAP
- It’s freaking incredible. I can’t stress this enough.
- I mean really — bread, cheese, more cheese, ranch seasoned egg whites and strawberry jam. THE FLAVOR CANNOT BE TAMED.
- Easy and quick breakfast!
- Macro-friendly (lower carb, lower fat, higher protein) than your standard breakfast crunch wrap
- Just requires a handful of staple ingredients!
- Flatbread/lavash bread – there are many options here. I love using Joseph’s Lavash bread or Cut Da Carb bread. Use whatever flatbread/wrap you wish!
- Egg whites
- Cauliflower rice – I recommend frozen as you don’t need a whole lot. I just keep a bag of it stored in the freezer.
- Laughing cow cheese wedges – these wedges are PERFECT for spreading. I love the Swiss kind usually but also love switching between the flavors they have
- Strawberry jam – I used sugar free to keep calories a little lower but any kind works!
- American slice cheese – or any flavor slice cheese. I used Kraft 2% American because it melts SO GOOD!
- Cooking spray
HOW TO MAKE
For the egg white patty:
- Pour the egg whites, cauliflower rice and ranch seasoning into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1:30-2 minutes. You can also cook the patty in a small pan on the stovetop.
For the wrap:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the flatbread on the baking sheet and spread the laughing cow cheese wedge in the center of the wrap.
- Add the strawberry jam on top of the cheese layer.
- Top egg white patty on top of cheese and jam in the center of the wrap.
- Add the sliced cheese on top. Then fold the edges up and over the center like a crunch wrap. Spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Set the oven to broil. Place the crunch wrap in the oven 2-3 minutes, or until the wrap starts to turn golden brown along the edges. Watch closely because it will toast fast!
- Take out, flip the wrap to the other side and toast until both sides are toasted to liking.
THE EGG WHITE PATTY
Another thing I have yet to mention – this wrap is HUGE. Like size of your head huge. The egg whites and cauliflower rice act as the voluminous substances here. And if you aren’t a fan of egg whites or cauliflower, don’t you worry. With the ranch seasoning + mixture of cheeses, you can’t taste either!
If you wish, you can definitely omit the cauliflower rice and be just fine. I will say, the egg white is more tough if you decide to omit the cauliflower, so if you’re going to go JUST the egg white route, I would maybe make the egg white on the stove top in a small frying pan instead.
HOW TO FOLD A CRUNCH WRAP
If you find your crunch wrap folding skills are less than subpar and the photos above did not help, check out how I fold mine in the video below! And if all else fails, just fold like a burrito. It will still taste yummy regardless, I promise. 😂
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this jammin’ crunch wrap and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!