This Whipped Feta is seriously one of the best, easiest, most addictive spreads ever! It’s creamy, cheesy, tangy, and ready in 5 minutes. And did I mention it’s protein packed and low in fat? Sharing 10 of my favorite whipped feta toast combinations in this post! KEEP READING!
If you haven’t had whipped feta before, you’re in for a real treat! It’s one of the simplest recipes you could ever make and seriously elevates whatever you pair it with. I’m convinced EVERYTHING is better with this stuff. Literally everything. And legit, it’s the only way I want to eat toast now. It’s a good thing there are so many different flavor combos to love and keep trying!!
WHAT IS WHIPPED FETA?
I’m so glad you asked!
Whipped Feta is a Mediterranean-inspired dip or spread made primarily from feta cheese. Feta cheese is blended with a smooth, more neutral substance like sour cream, yogurt or cream cheese. Anything else tends to be recipe/chef dependent. In this recipe, we’ll also use a small amount of olive oil and minced garlic to really enhance the flavor!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS WHIPPED FETA
- Creamy whipped feta is SO GOOD and highly addictive by itself!
- It’s low fat and protein packed.
- REALLY elevates anything you pair it with!
- Make it in just 5 minutes.
- There are so many ways you can switch it up! There’s 10 in this blog post!
- Feta cheese – I used fat free feta cheese.
- Greek yogurt – I used plain, non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Olive oil
- Bread – I love toasted fresh sourdough, but you can use your bread of choice!
- Toppings of choice – Keep reading for so many delicious ways to top your Whipped Feta Toast!
HOW TO MAKE THIS FETA SPREAD
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine feta, yogurt, garlic and olive oil. Blend until everything is smooth.
- Scoop cheese out of the food processor and store in an airtight container.
When you’re ready to eat, toast your favorite bread, spread, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Whipped Feta Toast Topping Ideas
- Marinated tomatoes + basil + balsamic glaze
- Granny Smith apple + crushed pecans + honey
- Honey (or hot honey) + Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Hot pepper jelly
- Grilled peaches (or just sliced peaches!) + balsamic glaze
- Sliced avocado + Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- Grilled chicken + sliced tomatoes + balsamic glaze
- Prosciutto + basil + fresh cracked black pepper
- Over easy egg + Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- Sliced strawberries + balsamic glaze or honey + chia seeds
This post just covers some of favorite open-sandwich style toast ideas! But this whipped feta spread is equally as amazing on a normal sandwich, stuffed in pita, on a burger, really the possibilities are endless!
1. Marinated Tomatoes + Basil + Balsamic Glaze
A fresh, classic choice! I marinated my tomatoes in a little bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. The juicy, flavorful tomatoes hit so wonderful with the sharp bite of the feta. The basil and Balsamic Glaze elevate it even more!
2. Granny Smith Apple + Crushed Pecans + Honey
Sour Granny Smith Apples + rich creamy feta is a match made in heaven! The crushed pecans add a wonderful crunch element and the drizzle of honey balances all the other ingredients with it’s irresistible sweetness!
3. Honey + Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
I MELT at this combo. Takes me right back to Greece!!! For a real kick, you could do Hot Honey! The sticky sweetness is sooo good with EBTB crunch!
4. Hot Pepper Jelly
Underrated but possibly my favorite! You guys know how I feel about cheese + jam or jelly together. It just WORKS. You could do hot pepper jelly or just any jam or jelly of choice. Grape jelly, peach preserves, orange marmalade, fig and date chutney – all would be amazing. You really can’t go wrong with this option!
5. Grilled Peaches + Balsamic Glaze
Grilling the peaches gives them a nice char and makes them tastes just heavenly, especially paired with the whipped feta, but freshly sliced juicy peaches still pair amazingly!
6. Sliced Avocado + Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
It’s like combining whipped feta toast with avocado toast and it’s just so good. A great savory option and one of my favorites for breakfast!
7. Grilled Chicken + Sliced Tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze
I love this option for a little lunch pick me up! Chicken + fresh tomatoes + Balsamic Glaze = YUM!
8. Prosciutto + Basil + Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Another savory favorite. So light and good! And super easy too 🙌🏼
9. Over Easy Egg + Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
I mean of course this one had to make the list! DROOL. Love a drippy over-easy egg but you could do over-medium, fried, or scrambled!
10. Sliced Strawberries + Balsamic Glaze or Honey + Chia Seeds
This combo may be a little more out there but just like the other combos, it works! Sweet, juicy strawberries hit great with the tangy feta, crunch of the chia seeds and depth of the balsamic glaze. I love having this one for an afternoon snack!
WHIPPED FETA FAQ
Feta cheese is tangier than something like American or cheddar cheese. It’s savory almost like a parmesan. Texture wise, it’s creamy like goat cheese.
It comes from Greece! It’s also made with primarily sheep or goat’s milk as those animals are native to the region.
You could as there are dairy free feta and yogurt alternatives on the market, but I’ve never tried it myself. If you do, let me know how it turns out!
MORE MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED RECIPES
- WHIPPED FETA CHEESE WITH HONEY
- MEDITERRANEAN EGG WHITE PIZZA
- THREE-CHEESE TUSCAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE
- HEALTHY HOMEMADE TZATZIKI SAUCE RECIPE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Whipped Feta + Toast 10 Ways and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!