This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Meet you new go-to appetizer recipe: whipped feta cheese drizzled with sweet honey! The rich, tangy, and creamy spread with a touch of sweetness will be a favorite among all, so much so that you’ll be arguing for the last scoop. It may be my actual FAVORITE appetizer ever! Bold statement, but i’m SO not joking. It’s really THAT GOOD!!!
Even better news? It’s literally the EASIEST thing ever to put together. You just combined everything in a food processor or blender with real and delicious ingredients like Greek yogurt, olive oil, and garlic. The result is bold, cheesy, and creamy deliciousness paired with sticky sweet honey…the combo of dreams!
I love this appetizer served with some warm pita bread. But you can use just about anything! Crostini, veggies, crackers, fruit—honestly, anything is good! If you want a full list of amazing ways to enjoy this creamy feta dip, check out this Whipped Feta and Toast (10 Ways!) post.
Why You’ll Love This Whipped Feta With Honey
- Easiest appetizer ever!! Just whip everything together.
- Ready in just 15 minutes!
- This rich and tangy cheese tastes so good with honey.
- Lightened up + lower in calories and carbs + some protein!
- A TRUE crowd favorite! 🙌🏼
- Feta cheese – I used fat free feta cheese but any type of feta works for this recipe!
- Greek yogurt – I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt. Any type of yogurt works too, even dairy-free. Just make sure it’s plain and not vanilla flavored. You could also use cream cheese, sour cream or cottage cheese here.
- Garlic – I love using minced garlic or freshly mincing a garlic clove for the most flavor! But in a pinch, you can use garlic powder.
- Olive oil – Helps everything blend together so it’s super smooth and dip-able! Olive oil is what is most authentic to Greek culture. Make sure to use extra virgin olive oil and not light olive oil (for sautéing).
- Honey – I used hot honey, but regular honey works, too! The BEST part!
- Chives – To give this whipped feta some fresh flavor and a little crunch!
- Optional toppings – Toasted pine nuts, pistachios, or red pepper flakes. Anything you fancy!
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine feta, yogurt, garlic, and olive oil until smooth.
2. Scoop out cheese and place in a shallow bowl.
3. Use a large spoon to create a well in the center of the cheese. Fill the well with honey. Garnish the sides with chives, pine nuts and black pepper, whatever sounds yummy!
4. Serve with warm pieces of pita bread and enjoy!
How should this spread be stored?
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Give it a good stir before eating to bring the flavors together again.
What should I serve with this spread?
Warmed toasted pita bread is delicious with this! But you could do any type of torn bread, chips or crackers. You could even make your own homemade chips with pita bread. Or serve with some veggies like baby carrots, celery, or mini peppers.
Can I freeze this whipped feta?
I’m all about freezing stuff but I wouldn’t recommend it for this one. It
What is the best type of feta to use?
Honestly any type of feta works. For a more richer taste you can use a creamy full-fat feta. But even the fat-free cheese that I used works amazing in this.
- 8 oz. feta cheese I used fat free
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (120g)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil (5g)
- 2 Tbsp honey or hot honey for topping
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chives for topping
- Fresh cracked black pepper for topping
- Optional toppings: toasted pine nuts, crushed pistachios, red pepper flakes
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the feta, yogurt, garlic and olive oil until the cheeses are well combined and smooth.
- Scoop cheese out of the food processor into a shallow bowl. Use a large spoon to create a well in the center of the cheese. Fill the well with honey.
- Garnish the sides with chives, pine nuts and black pepper – whatever sounds yummy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.