This low-carb Mexican dish packs ALL the flavor with LOADS of volume! Perfect as a party dip or to eat as meal with chips, pita bread or a salad. One serving is HUGE and less than 200 calories. It’s cheesy, creamy, beefy and oh so good!!!
CHEESE. BEEF. SOUR CREAM. All together in one dish and baked to cheesy bubbly perfection. Shall I say more!? 😍
This dish was inspired by my mom’s Mexican Dip recipe that she would always make for parties. Growing up, I was obsessed with it. I mean it, I don’t think there was a single person that wasn’t! It was too good!
Like I said before, this dish is so incredibly flavorful. It’s creamy, beef, hearty, and with just the right amount of kick. It’s absolutely drool worthy! And even better than the deliciousness – it’s the easiest thing ever to make!
This “dip” is great to serve with chips, or you could also use to stuff burritos or tacos. I love making into a crunch wrap as well! Other ideas: eating it alongside a salad, roasted veggies, or toasted pita bread. The cauliflower rice gives it volume making this an incredibly low carb dish. No going hungry with this one so go ahead and eat up!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE DIP
- 30 minutes from start to finish
- Simple list of ingredients
- So much cheesy, creamy, beefy flavor!
- Great dip for parties OR to make into a meal 🙌🏼
- Low carb, protein-packed and one HUGE serving for less than 200 calories
- A crowd favorite! Everyone loves this stuff!!!
- Cauliflower rice – I used the frozen steam-able kind for convenience. But fresh cauliflower works as well and it’s delicious, you’ll just need to cook it longer before adding it to the dish.
- Lean ground beef – I used 96% lean. You can use what beef you would like here, or even ground chicken or turkey!
- Taco seasoning
- Cream cheese – can sub with full fat, fat free or whipped cream cheese
- Sour cream – I recommend sour cream (for more of a tang in this dish!), but if you need to, you can use plain Greek yogurt too.
- Diced tomatoes and green chilis – brings a yummy freshness!
- Shredded cheese – Mexican cheese is perfect for this dish but any shredded cheese works.
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Microwave cauliflower rice according to package directions. Drain any excess water from the bag.
- Saute the onion and cauliflower: Meanwhile, spray a large skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray and add the diced onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes, then stir in the cauliflower rice and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Saute together for another 4-5 minutes. Then transfer the cauliflower rice and onion mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Cook the beef: In the same skillet (that has been wiped clean), add the ground beef with a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink, breaking into smaller pieces as you go. Then add the taco seasoning and stir until evenly dispersed amongst the beef. Remove from heat and layer the beef on top of the cauliflower rice layer.
- Combine the sour cream, cream cheese and tomatoes: In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese and sour cream; mix to combine (I used a hand mixer for this but a spoon works too as long as you combine them well!) Once combined, fold in the diced tomatoes. Add this layer on top of the beef and spread across the pan evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly!
CAN I MAKE THIS DIP IN ADVANCE?
Totally! To make in advance, go ahead and cook the onions, cauliflower, and beef according to the instructions and layer everything together in the baking dish. I would recommend letting the beef and cauliflower/onion cool to room temperature before layering it with the cream cheese, sour cream and cheese. Then cover and store in the fridge until ready to bake. You may need to add 5-10 minutes to the baking time if just removing from the fridge.
MORE DELICIOUS MEXICAN DISHES!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Mexican cauliflower rice dip and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!