This low-carb Mexican dish packs ALL the flavor with LOADS of volume! Perfect as a party dip or to eat as meal with chips, pita bread or a salad. One serving is HUGE and less than 200 calories. It’s cheesy, creamy, beefy and oh so good!!!
CHEESE. BEEF. SOUR CREAM. All together in one dish and baked to cheesy bubbly perfection. Shall I say more!? 😍
This dish was inspired by my mom’s Mexican Dip recipe that she would always make for parties. Growing up, I was obsessed with it. I mean it, I don’t think there was a single person that wasn’t! It was too good!
Like I said before, this dish is so incredibly flavorful. It’s creamy, beef, hearty, and with just the right amount of kick. It’s absolutely drool worthy! And even better than the deliciousness – it’s the easiest thing ever to make!
This “dip” is great to serve with chips, or you could also use to stuff burritos or tacos. I love making into a crunch wrap as well! Other ideas: eating it alongside a salad, roasted veggies, or toasted pita bread. The cauliflower rice gives it volume making this an incredibly low carb dish. No going hungry with this one so go ahead and eat up!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE DIP
- 30 minutes from start to finish
- Simple list of ingredients
- So much cheesy, creamy, beefy flavor!
- Great dip for parties OR to make into a meal 🙌🏼
- Low carb, protein-packed and one HUGE serving for less than 200 calories
- A crowd favorite! Everyone loves this stuff!!!
- Cauliflower rice – I used the frozen steam-able kind for convenience. But fresh cauliflower works as well and it’s delicious, you’ll just need to cook it longer before adding it to the dish.
- Lean ground beef – I used 96% lean. You can use what beef you would like here, or even ground chicken or turkey!
- Taco seasoning
- Cream cheese – can sub with full fat, fat free or whipped cream cheese
- Sour cream – I recommend sour cream (for more of a tang in this dish!), but if you need to, you can use plain Greek yogurt too.
- Diced tomatoes and green chilis – brings a yummy freshness!
- Shredded cheese – Mexican cheese is perfect for this dish but any shredded cheese works.
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Microwave cauliflower rice according to package directions. Drain any excess water from the bag.
- Saute the onion and cauliflower: Meanwhile, spray a large skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray and add the diced onion. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes, then stir in the cauliflower rice and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Saute together for another 4-5 minutes. Then transfer the cauliflower rice and onion mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Cook the beef: In the same skillet (that has been wiped clean), add the ground beef with a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook until beef is no longer pink, breaking into smaller pieces as you go. Then add the taco seasoning and stir until evenly dispersed amongst the beef. Remove from heat and layer the beef on top of the cauliflower rice layer.
- Combine the sour cream, cream cheese and tomatoes: In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese and sour cream; mix to combine (I used a hand mixer for this but a spoon works too as long as you combine them well!) Once combined, fold in the diced tomatoes. Add this layer on top of the beef and spread across the pan evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese then place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly!
CAN I MAKE THIS DIP IN ADVANCE?
Totally! To make in advance, go ahead and cook the onions, cauliflower, and beef according to the instructions and layer everything together in the baking dish. I would recommend letting the beef and cauliflower/onion cool to room temperature before layering it with the cream cheese, sour cream and cheese. Then cover and store in the fridge until ready to bake. You may need to add 5-10 minutes to the baking time if just removing from the fridge.
MORE DELICIOUS MEXICAN DISHES!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Mexican cauliflower rice dip and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
This is going straight to the top of my must-make recipe list. It looks incredible, but do you think plain greek yogurt would work in place of the sour cream?
Oh my goodness! If you haven’t made this, make it a priority to make it! My husband and I were totally surprised at the flavor in this dish! I substituted non fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream because I couldn’t find fat free sour cream and it worked awesome! The portion size is huge! I made with a side of roasted broccoli and it is such a balanced meal! This would always be great for an easy meal prep!
Glad to hear that the yogurt worked well as a substitute!! The huge portion size may be my favorite part!
One of the other reader’s said it worked perfect as a substitute! 😀
This looks amazing! How did I miss this one? Definitely trying this weekend. I think my kids will love it !
Definitely kid friendly!! I hope y’all enjoy 🙂
This looks amazing AND healthy. So going to the store to get these ingredients tonight 😍
Yess! You are going to love it girl 😀
Literally easiest and best meal prep meal ever! I have now made this three times and it is amazing. I make lavash chips to go with it to increase the protein per serving for lunch at work and mix it with shredded lettuce to make more of a taco salad feel. Will not disappoint!
Girl I like the way you think! I am all about adding lettuce to create more volume! And lavash chips are life!
Seriously such a yummy m, easy recipe!! I made it into nachos and my husband even loved it!
Ooooh that is a great idea!
This looks so amazingly tasty! I can’t wait to make this 🤗
So easy too!!
This is being made for dinner tomorrow night!! I can’t wait
Heck yes! Let me know how it turns out! 🙂
This looks so delicious. I can’t wait to try it out!
You are going to love it!!
I made this and it was amazing!! Tastes better each time I had it. Loved it!!
Yay! I agree, the more times I make it the better it gets too 😆
Made this for my family for Thanksgiving and it was a hit!!! Love yummy recipes that are healthy & everyone enjoys! Super easy to throw together too!
That makes me so happy to hear! 🙂 Easy and yummy are the two most important things in my book lol
Made this over the weekend and my family really enjoyed It! I have a family of “meat and potatoes” boys so getting them to eat “healthy” recipes is pretty hard, but your recipes are making it possible and now I don’t have to cook separately for myself!
I made this last week and got so excited to eat it every day! It definitely did not get old. The tortilla chips I scooped it with definitely made me feel like I was having nachos. Can’t wait to make again!
Seriously so yummy. You can reheat and still so good!!!!
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
I made this and took it to work all week long. Super good! I roasted some veggies in the oven and had it with “Lillie Eats and Tells” skinny chipotle cream on top. So yummy!
This is amazing! I have been putting it in a small wrap to make it a burrito and it’s absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Ahhh yes!! So happy to hear that 🙂 It is so good with bread 😆 I have been loving eating them in a crunch wrap!
Love this recipe! I just made it ahead of time and brought it to the beach, we eat it as a casserole and its amazing!!!
This was hands down one of my favorite recipes! Since it was low carb, I used tortilla chips as my carb source and OH MAN, it was like eating nachos 🙂
I have been making this almost every week since I saw this recipe a few months ago. My boyfriend who doesn’t like “healthy” meals loves it too, it’s super delicious! I make mine with lavash bread chips, but you can use tortilla chips too!
Do you have this logged into MFP? I tried finding it but could not… super excited to make this!!!