This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip with Pretzel Nuggets is the ultimate appetizer and game day dip! Savory, indulgent, delicious, and lightened up, it’s really everything you’ve ever wanted and more. And you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoying it!
This may be THE DIP of all savory dips! Warm, hearty chicken and melty creamy cheese paired with flavorful and doughy pretzel nuggets for dipping? I mean, come on!! 😍 This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip with Pretzel Nuggets is indulgent, delicious, lightened up, and everything you’ve ever wanted in an appetizer and more. Absolutely perfect for game day!
Don’t be intimidated by this beautiful dip. It’s INCREDIBLY easy to make. For real, who knew it was so easy to roll some pizza dough into balls to make mini pretzels and use them to frame this creamy creation? After that, all you have to do is mix some ingredients in a bowl, pop in the oven, and bake…and when it’s done, BOOM, it’s poppin’!
Break off these little pretzel nuggets and scoop up as much of this dip as your heart desires. If you go through them quicker than the dip, grab some pita bread, carrots and celery sticks, or regular pretzels from the bag and keep working! It’ll be be the best appetizer you have all week. 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN DIP WITH BACON
- Melted cream cheese and Colby jack make this dip super creamy!
- It’s thick and meaty! Hearty chicken kicks the protein up a notch and makes this snack nice and filling.
- Lightened up with lean and reduced-fat shredded cheese and fat-free cream cheese.
- It looks fancy but is super easy to make!
- Crazy FLAVORFUL! Trust me, everyone is going to LOVE this dip!
- Bacon – So savory and flavorful.
- Cream cheese – I used fat-free cream cheese. You can use regular, 1/3 reduced fat, or Greek cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise – I used Hellman’s Light. And no, I promise, you don’t taste it! But it’s super important to get the texture we need.
- Shredded cheese – I used 2% Colby Jack. Use whatever shredded cheese you fancy!
- Shredded chicken – Adds so much heartiness to this dip. And it tastes so good!
- Pizza dough – To make the little pretzel nuggets.
- Jalapeno – For a nice little kick!
- Green onion – These guys have incredible flavor. The perfect garnish for dips!
- Spices – We’ll use ranch seasoning mix (I used Hidden Valley Ranch), baking soda, and coarse salt (for the pretzels).
- Egg yolk – To brush the pretzel nuggets with. Gives shine, color, and flavor.
HOW TO MAKE
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove bacon and let grease drain on paper towels. Wipe the skillet clean and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning mix. Then, stir together until smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded cheese (84g), jalapeños, green onions, and all but one piece of the crumbled bacon to the bowl and stir until combined. Then, stir in the shredded chicken and mix again until everything is mixed well.
- Cut pizza dough into 16 pieces. Roll each dough piece into a ball. Place dough balls around the sides of the skillet you used to cook the bacon, leaving the center empty.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, baking soda, and water. Using a baster brush, brush the mixture onto the dough balls. Sprinkle them with coarse salt.
- Spoon jalapeno popper mixture into the center of the skillet and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake until bread is golden brown and cheese mixture is hot and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Crumble remaining piece cooked bacon on top of the dip. Garnish with green onion if desired and enjoy!
FAQ: JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN DIP WITH BACON
Nope! The way this dip is made, it is not spicy. Because we removed seeds from the jalapeño, it’s not spicy at all.
You can make this dip as spicy as you want! Leave some jalapeño seeds in or you can add in Cajun seasoning to replace the ranch seasoning. You could also add some hot sauce to the dip mixture.
You can use regular, 1/3 reduced fat, and Neufchâtel (Greek) cream cheese. They all work great in this recipe!
MORE DELICIOUS DIPS!
If you enjoyed this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip with Bacon and Pretzel Nuggets, you’ll love these:
- LIGHTENED-UP BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE DIP
- HEALTHY PUMPKIN COOKIE DOUGH DIP
- HEALTHY BROWNIE BATTER
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this baked spaghetti squash casserole and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!