This Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette is quite literally the perfect fall side dish and my new favorite salad! Warm Brussel sprouts, sweet pears, tart cranberries, and creamy goat cheese paired with a tangy and sweet honey dijon dressing delivers the MOST perfect combo!
This simple salad is a personal favorite of mine I am teasing from my brand new FALL COLLECTION mini cookbook!! There’s nothing better than a delicious fall salad, and this one is absolutely no exception!
Warm sautéed Brussel Sprouts with tart and chewy dried cranberries, sweet pear, and creamy goat cheese with the best sweet and tangy mustard vinaigrette. It is the perfect balance of all things sweet, savory, crunchy, hearty, all the things!
Make this delicious and macro-friendly shaved Brussel sprouts salad with dijon vinaigrette as an entree dinner paired with your favorite protein. I love pairing it with my Balsamic Grilled Chicken or Seared Steak Bites.
Or keep it as is for the perfect side dish at dinner or your next holiday meal! It is super flavorful but still light, making it the best compliment to more indulgent dishes
It is everything with this homemade dijon vinaigrette, but if you wish, you can dress the salad with Caesar dressing, ranch dressing, balsamic vinaigrette or even your favorite homemade dijon dressing. Try adding pecans, pumpkin seeds, or pomegranate seeds for a more crunchy texture. There are so many ways to spin this one!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUTS SALAD WITH DIJON MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- It’s the most light, hearty, flavorful and tangy salad!
- Perfect to feed a crowd, or whip up for dinner in a hurry!
- Healthy, delicious side dish option that is packed with vitamin K and so many more health benefits.
- An awesome addition to the holiday table for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, really any holiday!
- Easy to switch up + modify the toppings & dressings to your preferences.
- Simple, minimal ingredients and easy to make!
- Customize it with your favorite protein for a macro-balanced meal.
- Works great for meal prep! I would just recommend storing the dressing separately so it stays fresh longer.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUT SALAD RECIPE
- Raw Brussels sprouts– I used the already shredded Brussels sprouts at the grocery store to save time, but you can most definitely use normal Brussels sprouts too. I would recommend using a sharp knife to cut and shred them.
- Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar – the apple cider pairs great with the other ingredients in this recipe. But if needed, you could sub for red wine vinegar or probably even lemon juice.
- Olive oil– I used extra virgin olive oil. You could also use avocado oil here.
- Dried cranberries– I used reduced sugar.
- Red onion
- Goat cheese – can sub for feta cheese or blue cheese if preferred.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUTS SALAD
- To a small bowl, add all the Honey Dijon dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. You can also use a food processor for this. Set honey mustard dressing aside.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and set to medium heat. Add the shredded sprouts and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until they have begun to soften but are still bright in color and not completely wilted.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pear slices, cranberries and red onion to the Brussels sprouts. Drizzle some of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste. Transfer to a large bowl for serving. Sprinkle with pecorino romano cheese and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired, and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE
Store in airtight container in the fridge. Salad tossed with dressing will keep well covered in the fridge for 2 days. Without salad dressing, salad will stay fresh in the fridge, covered, for 5-7 days.
If storing dressing separate, store in a small jar with a lid in the fridge.
SWITCH IT UP!
- Want more of that yummy crunchy texture? Trying adding pine nuts, pumpkin, pomegranate, or sunflower seeds! Or pecans or walnuts for a nutty flavor and crunch!
- Try substituting the apple cider vinegar champagne vinegar or balsamic vinegar for small change of flavor!
- Add a touch of maple syrup for a bit of added fall flavored sweetness
- Replace the pears with crisp apples
- Play around this different cheeses- Feta cheese and parmesan cheese would taste amazing here too!
- Sprinkle a little green onion on top for added flavor and a little extra crunch!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! You can go ahead and toss with salad dressing a day before and it will be fine. It may be even better since the flavors will have time to marry together!
Salad tossed with dressing will keep well covered in the fridge for 2 days. Without salad dressing, salad will stay fresh in the fridge, covered, for 5-7 days.
More like what doesn’t go with this salad! There are so many good options. Some of my favorites are Seared Steak Bites, Air Fryer Grilled Chicken Nuggets, Smoky Grilled Chicken Fillets, or Honey Garlic Salmon!
Sure! Either will work. Dijon mustard has a more tangy, sharp, and stronger flavor with a little bit of spice but I am sure yellow mustard will be delicious too!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUT SALAD WITH DIJON VINAIGRETTE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette and love it, please give this recipe a star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!