You’re going to love this one skillet, 25 minute, meal prep friendly Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet. A delicious family favorite that you can make your own for a lower carb or more balanced meal, too!
I love evenings when I can have dinner on the table in 25 minutes or less. As much as I love to cook, after a hectic week, being in and out of the kitchen quickly really helps! That’s why I love this Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet. Not only is it hearty, delicious, and super flavorful, but it requires just 10 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cooking—all in one pan!
This dish is also easy to adjust to fit your macros. You can serve it by itself, with roasted vegetables, or with a salad for a low carb meal. If you want something more balanced, serve it with orzo, pasta, or potatoes! Either way, it’ll taste amazing.
Did I also mention this Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet is great for meal prep? One pan, 25 minutes, and more for later! YES! 😍 I am HERE for it!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PESTO ZUCCHINI TURKEY SKILLET
- One skillet meal means easy clean up!
- 10 minute prep + 15 minutes of cooking = 25 minute meal 🙌🏼
- It’s a low carb and high protein dish.
- Easily adjust macros by choosing what you serve it with!
- Packed with delicious, hearty protein & nutritious vegetables.
- Great for meal prep!
- Yellow onion
- Ground turkey – I used 99% lean ground turkey. Usually turkey this lean can turn out dry, but the pesto brings a ton of moisture in. However, 93/7 turkey or even ground chicken would also work!
- Grape tomatoes – I used the multicolored ones. Normal tomatoes would work, but keep in mind that they give off more juiced when cooked.
- Pesto – I used Mezzetta.
- Cheese – I used shredded mozzarella. Any cheese works!
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE PESTO ZUCCHINI TURKEY SKILLET
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the onions and cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring and breaking into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Then, add in the zucchini, basil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes and pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
HOW TO SERVE
If you’re looking for a lower carb meal, try serving your Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet this way:
- Eat by itself
- Veggies: Love this with a side of air-fried zucchini or roasted broccoli
- Cauliflower rice: Mixed with some Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice or steam-able cauliflower rice
- Spaghetti Squash: delicious Italian food vibes!
- Greens: On top of a bed of greens like romaine, arugula, or another leaf of your choice
For a moderate to higher carb (more balanced) meal, serve it with:
- Rice or orzo
- Pasta of choice: like elbows, bowties, or angel hair
- Bread: toasted bread is AMAZING to scoop this delicious mixture up!
- Roasted potatoes: one of Simon’s favorite things to eat alongside this one
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Totally! You can ground chicken or even ground beef if you wanted.
For a vegetarian recipe, you can substitute meatless crumbles, crumbled vegan sausage, cannellini beans, or even mushrooms. You can also omit the meat completely. To make it vegan, you can do the same and omit or substitute the cheese.
Store covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
MORE ONE PAN MEALS YOU’LL LOVE
- ONE PAN CAPRESE CHICKEN
- ONE POT (30 MINUTE!) ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM BEEF PASTA
- EASY SHEET PAN FAJITAS
- BLUEBERRY SAUSAGE PANCAKE BREAKFAST BAKE
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Pesto Zucchini Turkey Skillet and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!