This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Need a quick and easy weeknight dinner? Try this cozy One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Beef Pasta! Filled with warm hearty protein, melty cheese, and yummy veggies, it’s so good! And only takes 30 minutes!! 🙌🏼
Something about pasta, beef and cheese screams cozy comfort meal to me. Don’t you agree? That’s why this One Pot Three-Cheese Mushroom Beef Pasta is the perfect meal to throw together on a cold, chilly day. It’s also great for a weeknight because it only requires 30 minutes in ONE pot, making the preparation and clean-up crazy easy!
This One Pot Three-Cheese Mushroom Beef Pasta features lots of veggies to increase the volume without taking out any delicious flavor. Plus, the flavors from the ground beef, pasta, and three different cheeses come together for an out of this world taste! Simon, who is a pasta fanatic, said this was one of the best dinners I have ever made and proceeded to go back for seconds. 😂 So if you need some more convincing that you should make this dish tonight, take it from him!
As always, feel free to change up the veggies, the pasta noodles, and protein source as you wish! To make gluten-free, simply use gluten-free pasta. To increase protein, use Banza or another protein-packed pasta. This recipe is so easy, quick and good, and will definitely become a staple!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS ONE POT THREE-CHEESE MUSHROOM BEEF PASTA
- It’s cheesy, it’s beefy, and it’s full of pasta! 😍
- You only need ONE POT!
- This pasta dish is PACKED with veggies and volume. More food for less calories is how we do it around here.
- The best hearty and flavorful comfort food. 🙌🏼
- Comes together in just 30 minutes!
- Ground beef – I used 96% lean ground beef, but any kind will work.
- Egg noodles – Something about egg noodles beats all other noodles in my opinion. So comforting!
- Mushrooms – I used baby bella mushrooms.
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Baby spinach
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond milk, but you can use any milk.
- Beef or chicken broth – Helps pack more flavor!
- Shredded cheese – I used both mozzarella and parmesan.
- Laughing Cow Cheese wedges – I used the Aged White Cheddar flavor, but any of the flavors work! If you need to substitute, try cream cheese.
- Salt and pepper – Fresh cracker pepper and salt is best!!
HOW TO MAKE THIS THREE-CHEESE MUSHROOM BEEF PASTA
- Add butter to a large pot and set to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onions, garlic, and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess liquid and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pot, add the ground beef and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add vegetable mixture back in and stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Add milk and chicken broth.
- Next, add egg noodles and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, uncovered, or until the pasta is tender. You will want most (but not all) of the liquid to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in Laughing Cow, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese or another cheese of choice (if desired) and enjoy!
My pasta is really runny…what did I do wrong?
This pasta is supposed to have some liquid, but should not be runny. If you find yours if runny, it could be for a few reasons. Maybe the liquid didn’t reduce enough when you boiled the pasta or the vegetables were holding onto extra water. If this happens to you, use some cornstarch to help thicken the pasta. Be sure to make a cornstarch slurry instead of just adding the cornstarch to the pasta directly.
How can I thicken this pasta dish?
I like the subtle creaminess of this dish. It reminds me of French onion soup! But if you want to thicken it up, add cornstarch or flour. Scoop some of the sauce into a bowl and whisk with 1 tbsp cornstarch or 1/4 cup flour. Then, add back to the pasta. Let simmer another 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
What if I can’t find Laughing Cow Cheese?
Just use cream cheese instead!
MORE COMFORTING DISHES TO TRY
- THREE-CHEESE TUSCAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH BAKE
- HEALTHY MEXICAN MAC AND CHEESE
- ONE PAN CAPRESE CHICKEN
- SIMPLE STEAK AND MUSHROOM RAGU
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this zucchini mushroom beef pasta and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
- 1 Tbsp salted butter 14g
- 16- oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini quartered (150g)
- 1/2 yellow onion diced (70g)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
- 1 5-oz. bag spinach, chopped (or leave spinach leaves as is)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 240g
- 3 cups beef or chicken broth 720g
- 8- oz. uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese 112g
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese 28g
- 2 Laughing Cow Light spreadable cheese wedges — any flavor I used aged white cheddar*
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Add butter to a large pot and set to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, onions, garlic and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are cooked, about 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess liquid well, then transfer to a bowl. You CAN leave it the pot but i've noticed the veggies excrete more water when you do.
- In the same pot, add the ground beef and a few cracks/shakes of salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes. Add mushroom mixture back in, then stir in the spinach until welted.
- Add the milk and chicken broth.
- Add the egg noodles and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, uncovered, or until the pasta is tender. You will want most (but not quite all) of the liquid to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the laughing cow, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses. Keep stirring until all the cheese is melted. Add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese or other cheese of choice, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.