Looking for a faster, easier, and healthier way to enjoy lasagna? You’ve got to try this Healthy Skillet Lasagna. It’s perfect for even those busy weeknights, coming together in one pan in just 30 minutes!
When you’re craving some warm comfort food but want something on the healthier side, look no further than this easy and delicious Healthy Skillet Lasagna! It’s truly the easiest meal to whip up and your family will absolutely love it.
Pasta noodles mixed with hearty beef, Italian seasoning, and warm tomato sauce, all topped with ricotta and mozzarella cheese = extreme coziness! This meal really hits all the good spots. 😂 And it all comes together in just one skillet—you don’t even need to boil the noodles separately! Now you can make lasagna on busy weeknights!
Truly, there is nothing “unhealthy” about pasta. Pasta has a bad reputation because its a carb-dense food, but everything is MORE than fine in moderation. And because we’re mixing this pasta with lots of vegetables, a low calorie tomato sauce, and some light cheese, this dish is VERY balanced and macro-friendly. It’s one you can enjoy and feel good about and one your family will eat right up, too!
If you try this easy one pan Healthy Skillet Lasagna, let me know what you thought by leaving me a review!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY SKILLET LASAGNA
- A faster, healthier, and easier comfort food!
- Warm pasta, hearty beef, rich tomato sauce, and melty cheese. What’s not to love?
- Comes together in only 30 minutes!
- A one skillet meal with an easy clean up.
- Macro-friendly take on lasagna!
- Your whole family will LOVE it!!!!
- Ground beef – I used 96% lean ground beef. Any kind of ground beef will work. You can also use ground chicken, turkey, or Italian sausage!
- Olive oil – Keeps our ingredients from sticking and also adds delicious flavor.
- Seasonings – Minced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and fresh basil for serving.
- Pasta sauce – I recommend a tomato based sauce. I used Classico Tomato and Basil. Use your favorite here!
- Wide egg noodles
- Ricotta cheese – I used part-skim ricotta cheese.
- Mozzarella cheese – I used 2% mozzarella cheese, but any kind will work.
- Grated parmesan – To sprinkle on top when serving!
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY SKILLET LASAGNA
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then, add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking until the beef is no longer pink, stirring and breaking into smaller pieces along the way.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until they’ve wilted down. Then, add garlic and Italian seasoning and stir until mixed in well.
- Add pasta sauce and water. Increase to high heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the uncooked noodles until they are submerged in the sauce. Then, reduce heat to medium-low, cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring 2 to 3 times to prevent sticking.
- Remove the lid and add about 6 to 8 mounds of ricotta cheese on top of the pasta mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pasta.
- Cover skillet and continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until mozzarella cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Garnish with parmesan and chopped basil when serving.
HEALTHY SKILLET LASAGNA FAQ
You can use something else if you’d like! For less fat, use ground turkey or chicken. For even more flavor, you can substitute your ground beef for sweet or spicy Italian sausage. You can really use any meat you choose in this!
You most definitely can. To make vegan, just substitute meatless crumbles for the ground beef or use your favorite protein source. You could also omit the meat completely and replace with more veggies, maybe more mushrooms or eggplant. Then, just swap out the ricotta and mozzarella cheese with non-dairy versions.
Yes! Store in a freezer safe Ziploc bag and freeze for up to 4 months.
Serve with some delicious garlic bread, veggies like broccoli or zucchini, or a nice side salad.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Healthy Skillet Lasagna and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!