This Healthy Vanilla Maple Cream Cheese Frosting is so sweet and creamy. It’s perfect to keep on hand to add a little extra sweetness and yum to your favorite treats!!
You guys know I have a huge sweet tooth. I love being in the kitchen and creating yummy treats—and, of course, eating them. DUH! Sometimes I like to take my snacks to the next level with a liiiitttleeee something extra. Like this INCREDIBLY delicious and Low Calorie Vanilla Maple Cream Cheese Frosting!
I love to spread this frosting on my sweet treats. I’ll add it to muffins like these Banana Nut Protein Muffins or these Double Chocolate Protein Muffins. It also tastes delicious on top of this Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bake, which I’ll shamelessly eat for breakfast OR an afternoon snack. Heck, it even tastes delicious on top of cookies, brownies, and mug cakes! Hellloooooo Red Velvet Protein Mug Cake—I’m looking at you.
This Vanilla Maple Cream Cheese Frosting is creamy, sweet, and plain old melt in your mouth good! The best part is that it gets EVEN BETTER the longer it chills in the fridge because all of the sweet flavors really meld together. Which means it’s absolutely perfect to prep at the beginning of your week and spread all week long. 😉
If you make it, leave me a review and let me know what you spread it on!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HEALTHY VANILLA MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- It’s the perfect addition to any dessert!
- Perfectly sweet and delicious yet low calorie and full of protein.
- Super easy to make!
- You can add it to cakes, muffins, brownies, and so much more!
- So indulgent but has nothing to feel guilty about.
- Cream cheese – You can use full fat, 1/3 reduced fat, Greek or fat-free cream cheese. Whatever works best for you!
- Maple syrup – I recommend pure maple syrup or Walden Farm’s zero calorie pancake syrup.
- Vanilla extract – For yummy flavor!
- Confectioner’s sugar – I added this for sweetness. I used Swerve confectioner’s sugar.
- Protein powder – You can omit if you wish, but I like it because it adds a bit of sweetness and extra punch of protein!
HOW TO MAKE FROSTING
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla together on high speed until smooth.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed.
That’s it! Keep chilled until ready to use.
HOW TO STORE
Store this cream cheese frosting tightly sealed in the fridge for up to 10 days. I love to prep some to spread on my snacks all week long!
RECIPES YOU NEED TO PAIR WITH THIS FROSTING
- RED VELVET PROTEIN MUG CAKE
- EASY CARROT CAKE OATMEAL BAKE
- CINNAMON SUGAR CAKE
- COFFEE CAKE IN A MUG
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN MUFFINS
- GINGERBREAD ZUCCHINI BREAD
You can use full fat, 1/3 reduced fat, Greek or fat-free cream cheese. Use whatever you have or what currently fits into your lifestyle.
Yes! It will stay good stored well in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Absolutely! You could use any flavored extract you like. I would recommend trying maybe a lemon or cake batter extract. You could also mix in some nut butter for a nuttier frosting.