These Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins explode with the richest chocolate flavor! Lower in carbs, calories, and fats than your typical double chocolate muffin, these protein-packed treats will help tame your chocolate cravings in a way you can feel good about. Best part? Just 6 ingredients!
As I munch on my 4th Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffin of the day, all I can think is that I’m seriously in chocolate heaven. These muffins are rich, moist, and gooey and absolutely explode chocolate flavor. They’re like fudge brownies masquerading as breakfast!
This muffin recipe is lower in calories, carbs, and fats than your typical chocolate muffin—and they are packed with protein. Perfect to help tame your chocolate cravings in a way you can feel good about!
These muffins are great for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or to meal prep for the whole week.
All you need is one bowl, something to mix with, and a muffin pan or individual muffin cups! The batter comes together in a matter of minutes, and after a quick bake and cool, you’ll be digging into delicious, chocolately goodness.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- They’re a serious chocolate on chocolate explosion!
- Gooey, moist, and dense like a cake.
- Requires just 6 ingredients!
- One bowl recipe for easy clean up.
- Lower in calories, carbs and fats than your typical chocolate muffin. Just 100 calories!
- Protein packed!
- Makes a great grab and go or make ahead meal prep option.
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a silicone muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a bowl and mix well to combine. Then, fold in half of the chocolate chips.
- Distribute batter evenly amongst 12 muffin cups. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. A shorter baking time results in a more moist texture. A longer baking time results in a more cake-like texture.
Let muffins cool on a wire rack. Then, store in an airtight container or Ziplock bag. They’ll stay fresh in the fridge for 7 days.
These muffins are going to be really chocolately, especially with the chocolate chips on top. That being said, they’ll be a little messy! If you want less mess, I would mix all the chocolate chips into the batter instead.
To freeze, tightly wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or parchment paper and seal in an airtight Ziplock bag. You want to let out as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Muffins will keep fresh up to 4 months if sealed well.
MAKE VEGAN OR GLUTEN-FREE
These muffins are easy to customize according to your dietary preferences!
TO MAKE VEGAN: substitute dark chocolate power cakes for a plant-based pancake mix, like Kodiak Cakes Plant Based Flapjack and Waffle Mix; and use a plant-based protein powder, like PEScience SELECT Vegan Protein.
TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE: substitute dark chocolate power cakes for a gluten-free pancake mix, like Kodiak Cakes Gluten Free Flapjack and Waffle Mix, or your other favorite gluten free pancake mix!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Double Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
What would be a good substitution for the canned pumpkin?
Great recipe! I had the Kodiak chocolate chip instead of the double chocolate kind and it came out just perfectly. Will definitely be making on rotation. Love your recipes!