This Healthy Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole is true comfort food, but lightened up. Hearty turkey sausage and country gravy over fluffy crescent rolls, all topped with melty cheese…you won’t believe how easy it is to whip up!
Comfort food for a healthy breakfast? Yes, I said it! It’s real, and I’m about to share a recipe with you all that you’re going to make again and again—because it’s that good! My mouth is watering just thinking about this Healthy Sausage Gravy Breakfast Casserole. It smells and tastes like something my grandma would whip up for Sunday breakfast, or something straight off of the Cracker Barrel menu. It’s fluffy, cheesy, savory, and packs a ton of protein!
The star of this dish is the sausage gravy, a true comfort food. It’s warm and hearty and filled with delicious pieces of ground turkey to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
It’s also one of the easiest dishes to throw together. I am talking prepping the dough and turkey sausage gravy, assembling, and having it in and out of the oven in 30 minutes!
Comfort food that is quick, easy to make, only requires 4 ingredients, and one the whole family will love? I told you, you’ll be making this dish again and again!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SAUSAGE GRAVY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- Just 4 ingredients needed.
- It’s lightened-up, protein-packed, macro-friendly, and only 230 calories per serving!
- Tastes like pure comfort food but it’s HEALTHY!
- You’ll be left feeling satisfied until your next meal.
- Great for meal prep or a weekend breakfast with the family.
- QUICK and EASY to make!
- Crescent rolls – I used Pillsbury.
- Ground turkey – I used 99% fat free ground turkey to keep this dish lighter. Feel free to use any ground turkey, chicken, or crumbled sausage.
- Country gravy mix – I used McCormick’s sausage flavored country gravy.
- Shredded cheese – I used reduced-fat Colby Jack here, but any shredded cheese will be yummy.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SAUSAGE GRAVY BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- For the Egg White Pizza: Open crescent rolls and place along the bottom of the dish. Press down to spread and even out along the bottom and part of the sides of the dish. Try to seal the seams as much as possible.
- Shake egg white carton up and pour slowly over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with ranch seasoning mix and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked throughout.
- For the Turkey: In a large skillet, add the ground turkey. Cook on medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as you go.
- For the Sausage Gravy: Meanwhile, prepare the country gravy according to package directions. I did this in the microwave.
- Assembly: Mix the ground turkey and sausage gravy together, then add evenly on top of the egg white pizza. Sprinkle it with cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Take out, let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this sausage gravy egg white pizza and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST CASSEROLES AND BAKES
UPSIDE DOWN CHEESY GARLIC EGG WHITE PIZZA
BISCUIT AND GRAVY CASSEROLE (JUST 3 INGREDIENTS)
BLUEBERRY SAUSAGE PANCAKE BREAKFAST BAKE
Learn to make real sausage gravy. Also, ranch seasoning in biscuits and gravy??? Eww. Alllllso, stop the false advertising “only 4 ingredients” no lady I count 10, and two of them are premade mixes. Bet you make a 2 ingredient clam chowder, milk and a can of campbells condensed soup.
Rude, no need to say any of these things to her, if you don’t like the recipe move on. Thank you Lauren for sharing this recipe our family loved it!
This recipe. Oh my goodness. This is DELICIOUS. So easy to whip up, and heats up perfectly for meal prep. I’m in love. Lauren you seriously have AMAZING recipes!
Thank you Kenna!! I appreciate that girl! ❤️ SO perfect for meal prep!!
Let me start by saying, I hate eggs. BUT, this egg bake is amazing! The egg whites totally take a back seat and the sausage and gravy steal the show! I’ve made it three times now and it the leftovers heat up perfectly in the microwave so I have yummy breakfast for the whole week!
Yay! I was wondering about how it was reheated and hoping it didn’t get soggy. Looks delicious and adding to this weeks menu!
Do you know if this would freeze well?
Honestly I was a bit skeptical but it was so good, especially for the macros. my husband asked if we could have it everyday 😅.