This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This bake is a perfect, protein-packed breakfast to prep and enjoy all week long! It’s fluffy, cheesy and stores well (even freezes great!) Have it in and out of the oven in just 20 minutes!
Need a quick and easy breakfast the whole family will drool over? Don’t worry—I got you!
This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake is so delicious and easy to make. It’s fluffy, cheesy, and meaty goodness! I made this for my family while they were visiting the other weekend. They don’t typically eat “healthier” recipes like I do, but they ate this one right up – which is always a MAJOR win for me 😂
Another reason I love this breakfast bake is because it makes my morning SO EASY. Prepping this recipe on a Sunday sets me up for the week with a yummy, protein packed breakfast ready to heat and go. The ingredients are simple and it takes 2 seconds to throw together!
I can’t wait for you to try this warm, fluffy, and savory breakfast. Serve with some toast and butter, a side of crispy potatoes, your favorite veggies, and most definitely some yellow mustard! 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE
- It’s basically like eating a gourmet ham and cheese sandwich!
- It’s delicious! Okay, I know I already said that, but really. It’s SO GOOD. Even my dad and brother loved it and they can sometimes be skeptical of my food. 😂
- You only need 3 ingredients! Not counting the water and baking powder, but I am sure you’ve got both already!
- An easy, breezy breakfast bake! Prep for this dish just takes 5 minutes!
- You’ll have it in and out of the oven in just about 30 minutes.
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE INGREDIENTS
- Pancake mix – I used Kodiak Cakes pancake and waffle mix, but Bisquick or any other basic pancake mix will work! Use gluten-free pancake mix to make gluten-free.
- Cubed Ham – Use small pieces so you can make sure there’s some in each bite!
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Or other cheese of your choice! To make dairy free, use dairy-free cheese.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I prep this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Mix in advance?
You can, but it really is so quick and easy to make! If you would like to prep ahead, simply follow the steps up to putting it in the oven. Pour everything into a baking dish, cover in saran wrap, and keep in the fridge. You may need to leave it in the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes if you choose to refrigerate first.
Can I freeze this Breakfast Bake?
Yes, this bake freezes great! Bake the dish as usual and let cool completely. Then, cover the top of the dish with plastic wrap and seal as best as you can. Wrap the entire pan with foil or place in a freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. Carefully place the pan in the freezer keeping it as flat as possible. You can also cut the casserole and wrap each piece individually, sealing as best as you can and removing as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Should I bake this dish – covered or uncovered?
Since the ham is cooked, you don’t need to cover it. Casseroles made with cooked ingredients are typically baked uncovered. Covering can also result in more condensation on the casserole, making it soggy. So, it would be best to cook uncovered.
MORE EASY BREAKFAST IDEAS
I’ve got plenty of breakfast recipes for you to enjoy! Try some of these:
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk pancake mix or other pancake mix of choice (318g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups water 480g
- 4 oz. diced ham 112g
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese 56g
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix Kodiak mix, baking powder, and water until there are no clumps. Pour pancake batter into dish. Top the batter evenly with the ham and shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Modifications:Ham not your thing? Feel free to sub with turkey sausage or chicken sausage! You can also sub with a veggie or just omit it completely! To make gluten-free: use gluten-free pancake mix (Kodiak Cakes has a version) To make dairy-free: use a plant-based pancake mix (Kodiak has a version) and use dairy-free cheese. To make vegan: do the same as above + omit the ham or sub in meatless crumbles instead.
To Store:Let cool completely then wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
To Freeze:To freeze the whole thing: Let it cool completely. Cover the top of the dish with plastic wrap and seal as best as you can. Then wrap the entire dish with foil or place in a freezer-safe bag, removing as much air as possible. To freeze individual servings: Let it cool completely, then cut into servings and wrap each piece individually in plastic wrap, sealing as best as you can and removing as much air as possible. Wrap again in foil or put in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.