This bake is a perfect, protein-packed breakfast to prep and enjoy all week long! It’s fluffy, cheesy, and meaty, and stores well. Have it in and out of the oven in just 20 minutes!
Need a quick and easy breakfast the whole family will drool over? Don’t worry—I got you!
This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake is so delicious and easy to make. It’s fluffy, cheesy, and meaty goodness! I made this for my family while they were visiting the other weekend. They don’t typically eat “healthier” recipes like I do, but they ate this one right up – which is always a MAJOR win for me 😂
Another reason I love this breakfast bake is because it makes my morning SO EASY. Prepping this recipe on a Sunday sets me up for the week with a yummy, protein packed breakfast ready to heat and go. The ingredients are simple and it takes 2 seconds to throw together!
I can’t wait for you to try this warm, fluffy, and savory breakfast. Serve with some toast and butter, a side of crispy potatoes, your favorite veggies, and most definitely some yellow mustard! 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE
- It’s basically like eating a gourmet ham and cheese sandwich!
- It’s delicious! Okay, I know I already said that, but really. It’s SO GOOD. Even my dad and brother loved it and they can sometimes be skeptical of my food. 😂
- You only need 3 ingredients! Not counting the water and baking powder, but I am sure you’ve got both already!
- An easy, breezy breakfast bake! Prep for this dish just takes 5 minutes!
- You’ll have it in and out of the oven in just about 30 minutes.
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE INGREDIENTS
- Pancake mix – I used Kodiak Cakes pancake and waffle mix, but Bisquick or any other basic pancake mix will work!
- Cubed Ham – Use small pieces so you can make sure there’s some in each bite.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Or other cheese of your choice!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can, but it really is so quick and easy to make! If you would like to prep ahead, simply follow the steps up to putting it in the oven. Pour everything into a baking dish, cover in saran wrap, and keep in the fridge. You may need to leave it in the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes if you choose to refrigerate first.
Yes, this bake freezes great! Bake the dish as usual and let cool completely. Then, cover the top of the dish with plastic wrap and seal as best as you can. Wrap the entire pan with foil or place in a freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. Carefully place the pan in the freezer keeping it as flat as possible. You can also cut the casserole and wrap each piece individually, sealing as best as you can and removing as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Since the ham is cooked, you don’t need to cover it. Casseroles made with cooked ingredients are typically baked uncovered. Covering can also result in more condensation on the casserole, making it soggy. So, it would be best to cook uncovered.
MORE EASY BREAKFAST IDEAS
I’ve got plenty of breakfast recipes for you to enjoy! Try some of these:
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!