You and your family are going to love this easy and healthy Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake recipe. It makes weeknight meal time easy because it’s quick, balanced, and absolutely delicious!
Sloppy Joe’s…on a diet? Yes, yes, YES! I’m not lying! I’ve turned this hearty comfort meal into one you can enjoy without throwing your fitness goals out the window. I just know you’re going to love it!
Get ready to load up your plate with this cheesy, beefy, and tomato-y Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake recipe. It’s so incredibly flavorful, easy to make, and everyone in your family will LOVE how delicious it is! And because it’s a bake and you eat it with a fork, you don’t have to worry about as big a mess. 😉
I also love how quickly this bake comes together. All you need to do is cook the beef, whip up the sauce, prep the ingredients in your baking dish, and then put it in the oven. Then, sit back, relax, and let the magic happen! This meal is absolutely perfect to throw together on a busy weeknight. It’s also great to meet your comfort food craving in a healthy and satisfying way!
Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t enjoy comfort food. Where there’s a will to make it healthy, there’s also a way…and I love figuring that out for you guys.
If you make this Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake, leave me a review and let me know how it came out!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SLOPPY JOE BISCUIT CASSEROLE RECIPE
- A solid balance of carbs, fats, and protein to leave you feeling full and satisfied!
- It’s so warm, hearty, and cozy.
- The whole family will LOVE this meal. No need to make multiple dinners!
- Just 10 minutes of prep and the oven does the rest.
- You can enjoy one of your favorite comfort meals in a healthier way!
- Ground beef – I used 96% lean ground beef. Use any kind you wish here. You could also use ground turkey or chicken.
- Vegetables – I used bell peppers, a yellow onion, and mushrooms.
- Cheese – You can use any kind you’d like. I used shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Biscuits – One of my favorite parts! I used a 5-ct. container of Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits.
- Sloppy Joe sauce – See below!
For Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Tomato sauce – I highly recommend Muir Glen tomatoes. They’re the best!
- Ketchup – I used G Hugh’s sugar-free ketchup.
- Garlic cloves
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown sugar
- Dry mustard
- Onion powder
HOW TO MAKE THIS SLOPPY JOE BISCUIT BAKE RECIPE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 8×11” or 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Start by washing and preparing your veggies. I chopped mine using a food chopper.
- Next, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently and breaking into smaller pieces as you go. Then, transfer the cooked beef to a large mixing bowl.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray. Add the diced pepper, onion, and mushrooms and cook on medium heat until veggies are tender, about 6-7 minutes. Then, transfer the veggies to the same large mixing bowl with the beef.
- Then, in a separate mixing bowl, add all the sloppy joe sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine. Pour sauce into the bowl with the beef and veggies and stir.
- Add sloppy joe mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces and place evenly across the top.
- Lastly, bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of biscuits are golden brown.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. Assemble it completely, cover with plastic wrap, and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to bake, allow it to sit at room temperature for about half an hour first. Then, remove the plastic and follow the directions as listed.
You sure can! It’s one of many amazing freezer-friendly casseroles. Cover tightly with plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn, place in an airtight container, and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge. Take it for lunch or reheat for dinner for an easy no-brainer meal.
The main ingredient that isn’t gluten free is the biscuits. To make them gluten-free, you’ll need to make your own batch of gluten-free biscuit dough. It’s so easy!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!