Do you love steak and potatoes? Try this Warm Steak and Potato Salad! It has oven roasted potatoes, tender juicy steak, cheese, and veggies all on top of a bed of arugula. So perfect for meal prep!
When I think of the ultimate comfort meal, I immediately think of steak and potatoes! Something about a tender and juicy tender steak and rosemary roasted potatoes makes me feel so content. However, sometimes we need something a little lighter that doesn’t sacrifice the comfort or taste. Enter this incredibly delicious Warm Steak and Potato Salad. Our favorite comfort food ingredients paired with delicious feta cheese, crunchy red onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes all on top of some arugula is the meal we’ve all been waiting for!
Not only is this Warm Steak and Potato Salad delicious and cozy, but it’ll keep you full without feeling overstuffed. You can also easily customize it to your liking by switching up the cheese, dressings, and toppings! Pair it with some good old honey mustard, ranch, or my Skinny Special Sauce. A balsamic vinaigrette would also be yummy. Seriously, there’s so many possibilities!
This salad is also great for meal prep. If you wish to eat it warm, you can store the steak and potatoes in a separate container and the arugula and veggies in another. Alternatively, you can keep it all in one container and enjoy it cold. If you do this, I would recommend putting the steak and potatoes at the bottom and the arugula on the top to keep it fresh.
Ahhh! I can’t wait for you to dive into this salad. It’s SO good!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS STEAK AND POTATO SALAD
- Steak + potatoes = classic comfort food 😍
- A complete meal in one salad!
- It’s hearty, juicy, savory, and seriously delicious!
- Great option for meal prep.
- Super easy to switch up the toppings & dressings!
- Steak – I used flank steak. Top sirloin also work and has similar nutrition.
- Yukon petite potatoes – You can substitute any kind of potato you’d like.
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasonings: Grab some salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion powder.
- Fresh rosemary – You can substitute 1-2 tsp dried rosemary.
- Feta cheese – Goat cheese would also be amazing!
- Red onion
- Arugula– You can substitute any greens of choice.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK AND POTATO SALAD
For the Roasted Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the potatoes by washing them and dicing into 1-inch pieces. Then, dry potatoes if needed and add to the baking sheet.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Then, add the olive oil, herbs, and seasonings. Using your hands, toss around until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked to liking.
For the Steak:
- Marinate steak with Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, and seasonings for 10 minutes so they soak up all the flavor.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the steak. Cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes depending on its thickness. Then, flip it over and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into slices. Be sure to cut against the grain.
To Assemble Each Salad:
- Add arugula to a bowl or meal prep container.
- Top with the steak bites, roasted potatoes, feta cheese, red onions, cucumber, and tomatoes. Follow amounts listed in the ingredients for one serving. This recipe makes 5 servings of steak and potatoes.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing and enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. If you want to save chopping time, use frozen cubed potatoes and bake as the package suggests.
Yes, it’s great for meal prep! I love enjoying it all week long.
If you wish to eat the salad warm, store the steak and potatoes in a separate container and store the arugula and veggies in another. If you want to eat it cold, you can keep it all in one container. I recommend putting the steak and potatoes at the bottom and the arugula on the top to keep it fresh.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this steak and potato salad and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!