Get ready to fall in LOVE with this cheesy Chicken Parmesan Stromboli. It’s the easiest thing ever to make and tastes straight up like comfort food! Perfect for weeknight dinner or to serve as an appetizer. Everyone is going to love it!!
Chicken parmesan stuffed in doughy bread? Say no more! I’m IN! 😍
This Chicken Parmesan Stromboli is topped with a buttery spread seasoned with fragrant Italian seasonings and parmesan, stuffed with melty mozzarella cheese, and baked to absolute perfection. And dipped in warm, garlicky pizza sauce? It’s the drool-worthy meal of your dreams!
What’s even cooler is that this is one of the quickest recipes to throw together. All you have to do is mix some chicken with pizza sauce and cheese, stuff it in pre-made dough, fold up, and bake. That’s all there is to it! You could make it even easier by using a rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Both will taste great.
If you don’t have pre-made dough, you can always make your own. Just keep in mind that you may need to adjust the baking time.
Make this Chicken Parmesan Stromboli as an appetizer to bring to a party or make for dinner and serve with a salad. That’s what we usually do!
Seriously, this Stromboli is ALWAYS a good idea. 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHICKEN PARMESAN STROMBOLI
- It’s literally chicken parmesan stuffed into doughy bread…need I say more?! 🤤
- Requires a short list of ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
- Enjoy as a side, snack, or a meal! It’s whatever you make it to be.
- So easy & quick to make!
- You can slice it up, eat some now, and eat some later.
- Everyone will LOVE this delicious Stromboli. I promise!
- Pizza dough – I used Pillsbury Pizza Dough to keep it easy. You can use homemade pizza dough if you wish!
- Shredded chicken – You can use a rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or cook some chicken yourself.
- Pizza sauce – For the inside of the Stromboli and for dipping!
- Mozzarella cheese – I used 2% mozzarella.
- Parmesan cheese – For the BEST flavor, I recommend using freshly grated parmesan.
- Butter – I used light butter.
- Fresh herbs and seasonings – We’ll be using fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, and onion powder.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PARMESAN STROMBOLI
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and/or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chicken, pizza sauce, mozzarella, and a 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Spread dough onto the baking sheet and shape into a large rectangle. The dough should cover most of the baking sheet.
- Add the chicken mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough, about 4 inches thick, from end to end.
- Make cuts 1-inch apart on each side of the rectangle, just to the edge of the filling.
- Alternating from side to side, fold crust strips of dough at an angle across the filling. It’s ok the dough overlaps.
- Microwave butter in a small bowl for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Stir in onion powder and Italian seasoning. Brush mixture on top of braided dough. Then, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Heat remaining pizza sauce in the microwave to dip!
You can also use Pillsbury Original Crescent Dough Sheets or Crescent Rolls if you wish. If you use crescent rolls, press dough to form a rectangle and firmly press perforations to seal before cutting 1-inch strips. Another option is using pizza dough.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you can’t find the pre-made kind, you can totally make your own and use that for this recipe. There are ton of recipes online. Use whichever you’d like!
YES! To freeze, wrap your Stromboli tightly in cling wrap and place in a heavy-duty freezer bag or an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Leave it in the fridge overnight and bake in the oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes. You also reheat in the air fryer at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this chicken parmesan stromboli and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!