The same cheesy doughy deliciousness of the original egg white pizza but with a tasty Mediterranean twist! Still packed with protein, still made with simple ingredients, and still so easy to make!
Ever since the creation of my Upside Down Egg White Pizza, I have had a lot of fun playing with various topping combinations! I need to get around to posting more of those combos on here, but just know you can 100% make this recipe your own. That is why I love this recipe so much! Truly – I don’t think it will ever get old because there’s just so much you can do with it.
The second I took a bite into this Greek-themed egg white pizza, I knew I had to share this topping combination with y’all! The goat cheese absolutely MAKES it. Just imagine warmed baked crescent rolls and soft goat cheese melting in your mouth. Obviously there were more ingredients used here lol, but it’s those two ingredients that stood out to me the most. Goat cheese and crescent rolls you guys. Goat cheese and crescent rolls.
Even if this egg white pizza wasn’t easy to make, it would still be on repeat because it is just that delicious! But lucky for us all, it’s the easiest thing ever to whip up. Even if for the most amateur cook. Just lay the crescent rolls out, pour egg whites over top, and bake! Then just add the cheese and whatever toppings you choose at the end. The cooked veggies really level this version up and I highly recommend taking the extra couple of minutes to saute them up beforehand.
- Crescent rolls – I know most of you know these, but those who live in countries outside of the U.S. may me shaking your head. Google a picture to see what they look like 😂I have heard from many that pastry dough is a good substitute!
- Egg whites – Just your everyday carton of egg whites! They are a great way to add protein to many meals.
- 2% mozzarella cheese – You can use any cheese really – get creative here!
- Sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and onions – again, you can top with any veggies really! Roasted, sautéed, air-fried, raw, however. Although I do think they are best when you take the extra step and cook them first 😉
- Goat cheese – this brought it all together!! Truly. Don’t think about it. Just add the goat cheese.
- I used ranch seasoning because I am obsessed with it. It brings such an amazing to flavor to anything, but especially the crescent roll + cheese + egg whites. If you don’t have any on hand, I would just throw in a couple of shakes of each of these: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Eat and What to Pair With
There are so many different ways I have eaten this pizza and so many different ways I have seen you all eat too! I know I am definitely going to leave off some, so if I missed a way you absolutely love, drop it below in the comments so we can all try it and get ideas too!
Best way to reheat – in this order:
- In the air fryer. You MUST try it this way. I just put it in for 5 or so minutes on 350 F. Holy smokes though – it is even better the next day when you do this. It gets a little crispy on the outside but stays doughy in the middle, with all the same bready cheesy flavors as before. It is perfection.
- In the oven. If you don’t have an air fryer, the oven is your next best bet. You can do it on broil until it starts to get brown (preferred) or just bake at 400 F until desired temperature is reached.
- In the microwave. If you are in rush, this is the way to go. Even when reheated in the microwave, this egg white pizza is very forgiving and reheats insanely well.
Best ways to incorporate into a meal:
Whats awesome about this pizza is that you can adjust the macros based on what you need too. Need more protein? Add more egg whites? Need less? Add less egg whites? Need more or less fat? Adjust the amount and type of cheese you use. Need more carbs, load that baby up with toppings!
Favorite ways to eat:
- Having a couple of slices alongside a huge salad
- Having some paired with your pasta dish, like a garlic bread
- Cutting up into croton sized pieces, air frying, and topping them on a salad.
- Eating with some form of protein (baked chicken, shredded chicken, pork chop, etc.) and/or some veggies. The classic way!
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie) because I love seeing your yummy recreations!