This Reese’s Cheese Ball is always a huge hit for any occasion! Plus the nutty peanut butter flavor, rich chocolate, and beautiful colors of the Reese’s Pieces candy are perfect for fall. You’re going to love it!
Peanut butter and cream cheese? Yes, yes, yes! It tastes absolutely delicious, and everyone should give it a try. 😉
Cheese balls have always been one of my favorite items to bring to a get-together. They are easy to make, you can pair it with so much, and they’re always a crowd favorite! You can choose to make it savory or sweet, and this time, I chose sweet by combining the cream cheese with peanut butter flavors and coating with Reese’s Pieces candies. Not only does it taste incredible, but it’s such a fun, unique twist your guests will never see coming!
This particular sweet cheese ball is perfect for fall because of the nutty peanut butter flavor, rich chocolate, and beautiful colors of the Reese’s Pieces candy. All of these flavors come together for an absolutely delicious combination you won’t want to miss!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL
- It’s the PERFECT fall dessert to bring to parties because of the colors of the Reese’s Pieces!
- Get creamy, salty peanut butter, sweet chocolate, and crunchy Reese’s Pieces candy in each bite. 😍
- EASY and quick to make!
- Make-ahead for convenience.
- A unique crowd favorite! Seriously, everyone will love this cheese ball. I always get so compliments on it!
- You would NEVER KNOW it’s lightened up and packed with some protein 😉 now that is snacking done right!
PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese – I used a combination of fat-free and reduced-fat cream cheese. I found that just fat-free cream cheese didn’t hold as well. Feel free to use whatever combo of regular cream cheese, reduced-fat, Neufchatel (Greek cream cheese), or vegan cream cheese you wish here.
- Protein powder – To add a little punch of protein! It also thickens the cheese ball up some. You can omit if you wish. I used PEScience Peanut Butter Cookie. I can’t speak for all protein powder brands, but you can’t taste the protein powder at all in this one. It just gives the cheese ball some more delicious peanut butter flavor and sweetness. For all PEScience products, you can use code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% off your purchase.
- Confectioner’s sugar – I used Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar. Normal confectioner’s sugar or another calorie-free confectioner’s sugar blend would also work.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener.
- Peanut butter powder – For some GOOD peanut butter flavor, while keeping calories down. I used PBfit.
- Pantry staples – You’ll need vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
- Reese’s Cups – I used Reese’s Thins because I wanted more chocolate in the peanut butter-chocolate ratio, but miniature Reese’s Cups or normal Reese’s Cups would also work.
- Reese’s Pieces – Use this for the outside coating! If you don’t have, you can always use M&M’s, chocolate chips, or another crushed cookie of the sort!
HOW TO MAKE
- Combine ingredients. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the protein powder, confectioner’s sugar, granular sweetener, peanut butter powder, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt; mix again until combined. Then, fold in the chopped Reese’s Cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Line two pieces of plastic wrap in an “X” and place cream cheese mixture in the middle. Wrap/twist it up, and form it into a ball. Use a twist tie or rubber band to secure and maintain the shape of the ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour. For best results, refrigerate for 2-3 hours (even better if you prep it the night before!)
- Coat with Reese’s Pieces. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and place in the center of a large platter. Shape and smooth out into a half ball as needed. Then coat the outside of the cheese ball with Reese’s Pieces.
- Serve and enjoy! Surround the cheese ball with cookies, crackers, fruit and any other dippers that sound good. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is great not only because it tastes delicious, but because it can be prepped the night beforehand as well! I honestly think it tastes better if made a day ahead because the flavors have time to combine together. This helps the cheese ball taste so much more delicious!
- Use an electric mixer to mix all ingredients together (except Reese’s Cups and Reese’s Pieces) until smooth. Then, fold in the chopped Reese’s Cups.
- Place mixture on top of saran wrap, cover, and form into a ball.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, place Reese’s Pieces along the outside of the ball until covered.
- Serve on a platter with apples, graham crackers, cookies, crackers, or whatever suits your fancy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL
There are so many fun treats you can serve with this fun treat. 😉 You really can’t go wrong! My favorite is graham crackers—the chocolate ones in particular! Here are some other ideas:
- Animal crackers
- Cinnamon graham crackers
- Gingersnap cookies
- Teddy Grahams
- Mini chocolate chip cookies
- More Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
MORE FUN APPETIZERS TO TRY
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Reese’s peanut butter dessert cheese ball and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!