Bring this Halloween Protein Puppy Chow to your next fall party! It’s chocolatey, peanut buttery, sweet, crunchy, and full of classic Halloween candy like candy corn and mini Reese’s cups! It’s fun, festive, and oh so yummy.
Whether you call it puppy chow or muddy buddies, this delicious chocolatey, peanut buttery, sweet and crunchy Halloween Chocolate Protein Puppy Chow is the perfect festive snack! It’s also great to enjoy at home all Halloween season long as you watch spooky movies and give out candy to trick-or-treaters!
To make this fun treat, all you need is Chex cereal, chocolate, nut butter, and some classic Halloween candy like candy corn, mini Reese’s cups, and salty pretzels. It’s so fun, festive, and delicious!
Not only is this Halloween puppy chow so tasty, but it’s so easy to make and perfect to bring to a party. Full of candy and beautiful autumn colors, everyone is going to freak out when they try this tasty and addicting snack! They’ll never know it’s packed with protein, either!
HALLOWEEN PUPPY CHOW INGREDIENTS
- Chex cereal – You can use rice, corn or whatever flavor of Chex cereal you would like!
- Chocolate chips – I used semi-sweet chips.
- Coconut oil – You could also use another neutral flavored oil like canola oil.
- Nut Butter – The drippier, the better! I love using cashew butter because it’s more neutral and not as strong as peanut butter. However, any nut butter will work. I used American Dream Nut Butter CHIP CHIP AWAY CASHEW BUTTER. Use my code Laurenfitfoodie to save some $!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla. A chocolate flavor would also work great. Not all protein powders bake the same, so if you use another brand, just make sure it is also a whey+casein blend and one that bakes well. For all PEScience products, you can save 10% off your purchase with my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie.
- Confectioner’s sugar – I used Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar. Normal confectioner’s sugar or another calorie-free confectioner’s sugar blend would also work.
- Candy corn – I know some people hate candy corn…but I’m NOT one of those people. I love the stuff! 😂
- Mini Reese’s cups – Yummy peanut butter and chocolate flavor!
- Mini pretzels – Salty and crunchy!
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN PUPPY CHOW
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in small microwave-safe bowl for 30-40 seconds. Remove and stir until chips are melted. Then, stir in nut butter.
- Add Chex cereal to a large bowl OR a large Ziplock bag. Add chocolate sauce and gently toss around until the cereal is all coated.
- Add protein powder and confectioner’s sugar to the bowl or bag and toss around again until evenly distributed.
- Transfer your dessert to a clean bowl to serve. Add mini Reese’s cups, pretzels, and candy corn. Toss around.
MORE FUN ADD-INS
You can really add anything you’d like to this Halloween Puppy Chow and make it your own. Here are some more ideas you can use to customize this recipe:
- White chocolate or peanut butter morsels
- mellowcreme pumpkins
- Mini or regular M&Ms
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s White Chocolate mini cups
- Mini marshmallows
- Gummy worms
- Candy eyeballs
HOW TO STORE
Keep Halloween Puppy Chow stored in an airtight container or in a bowl covered with Saran wrap at room temperature.
If stored well, Puppy Chow will stay fresh for 7-10 days.
MORE DESSERTS TO ENJOY FOR HALLOWEEN
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Halloween puppy chow and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!