This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
This Christmas snack mix is the perfect festive snack! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty that makes it the perfect snack all holiday season long.
This Christmas White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe can often go by a different name…Christmas Crack Chex Mix, Christmas Mix, White Chocolate Chex Mix etc.
Regardless of what you call it, this is one of my favorite holiday treats! Seriously just the perfect dessert or snack when you need to throw something together last minute!
I love sharing this one too! Bag this up and pass it out to friends, neighbors, teachers. Or serve this sweet treat on movie night or at the office Christmas party! This holiday chex mix truly is PERFECT for this time of year!
While this specific recipe is geared towards Christmas, feel free to switch it up for different occasions. By swapping the M&M colors, you can easily make this a Halloween Chex Mix recipe, Valentine’s Day Chex Mix recipe, St. Patrick’s Day Mix. You get the idea! 🙂
Why You’ll Love This Christmas White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe
- Super versatile! Can easily be modified to your preferences and what you do have on hand.
- The perfect combination of salty + sweet!
- Fun to make AND eat! Super kid friendly too!
- Easy recipe, and easy cleanup! Ready in minutes!
- Perfect festive snack! Perfect for a holiday party, gift, or just because!
- Chex cereal- I used Rice Chex. Corn Chex, Wheat Chex or other Chex varieties would also work here!
- Pretzels- Mini pretzel twists is what used. You could also use pretzel sticks! Any regular or gluten free pretzel will work great!
- Saltines- I used mini saltines.
- Peanuts- Dry roasted peanuts is what I used.
- White candy melts- Wilton candy melts work great! You could also use white chocolate chips or white almond bark as well!
- Coconut oil
- Powdered sugar
- Marshmallows- Mini marshmallowsis what I used!
- M&Ms- I used Christmas M&Ms.
- Christmas Sprinkles (optional)- I used green and red sprinkles for some extra holiday flair!
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Add the chex, pretzels, saltines and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, at 50% power until melted (you can also use a double boiler for this). Pour the melted chocolate in the bowl with the cereal mixture.
3. Immediately mix together until the white chocolate has coated everything.
4. Add the powdered sugar and toss again.
5. Finally, add the marshmallows and M&Ms into the bowl and toss one last time.
6. Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet in an even layer and allow it to cool for about 30 minutes. Top with Christmas sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
To store Christmas White Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe, break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can also freeze this recipe! Store in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
Ways To Switch Up Chex Mix Recipe
You can really add anything you’d like to this Christmas White Chocolate Chex Mix recipe! Make it your own! Here are some more ideas for additions you can use to customize this recipe:
- Reese’s White Chocolate mini cups
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- Cheerios- Plain or honey nut both would taste delicious!
- Candy cane pieces
- Caramel corn
- Animal crackers
Would different cereal work in this Christmas Chex Mix?
Any Chex cereal work great, as well as any other variety of your favorite cereal!
Can you freeze this white chocolate party mix recipe?
Yes, you can! Store in a ziplock bag and place in the freezer. It will up good for up to 3 months!
Can you make this Christmas Mix gluten free?
You can! Just make sure to use gluten free Chex and gluten free pretzels. You will also want to omit the saltines.
- 3 cups rice Chex cereal (90g)
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists (60g)
- 1.5 cups mini Saltines (45g) or regular saltines broken into about 4 pieces
- 1 cup salted peanuts (130g)
- 10 oz. white candy melts or white chocolate chips or almond bark
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (60g)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (60g)
- 1 cup Christmas M&Ms (200g)
- Christmas Sprinkles optional
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Add the chex, pretzels, saltines and peanuts into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwavable safe bowl, add the white chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, at 50% power until melted (you can also use a double boiler for this).
- Pour the melted white chocolate in the bowl with the Chex and immediately mix together until the white chocolate has coated everything.
- Add the powdered sugar and toss again. Finally, add the marshmallows and M&Ms into the bowl and toss one last time.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet and allow it to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Top with Christmas sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.