This Caramel Pecan Dessert Cheese Ball is hands down one of the easiest and yummiest recipes to serve at your next holiday party! And it’s lightened-up, so you can feel good about going back for more!
I’m always looking for easy appetizer recipes to make for get-togethers. This Caramel Pecan Dessert Cheese Ball is one of my favorites, along with my Low Fat Buckeyes, Mexican Cauliflower Rice Dip, and Buffalo Chicken Dip!
I brought this dessert cheese ball over to my neighbors house the other weekend and it was completely devoured. And no one had even the slightest idea that it was lightened up! Sweet cream cheese, crunchy pecans, crushed up graham crackers, all drizzled with sweet and salty caramel taste absolutely incredible together spread across your favorite treats like apple slices, cookies, and crackers. Plus, it’s full of great texture as well!
This really is the perfect fall dessert that everyone will enjoy. And it can also be made in advance, making it prep friendly.
Let me know who you share this delicious dessert cheese ball with and what you dipped into it by leaving me a review!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CARAMEL PECAN DESSERT CHEESE BALL
- It’s sweet and salty at its finest! Caramel, pecans, graham crackers, and cream cheese made for each other.
- Packed with incredible texture and flavor.
- Easy and quick to make!
- Make-ahead to make your life easier! I actually prefer it this way.
- A crowd favorite! Everyone will love dipping into this cheese ball.
- You’ll never know it’s lightened up!
SIMPLE AND EASY INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese – I used a combination of fat-free and reduced-fat cream cheese. Fat-free cream cheese alone didn’t hold as well. Feel free to use whatever combo of regular cream cheese, reduced-fat, Neufchatel (Greek cream cheese), or vegan cream cheese you wish.
- Protein powder – To add a little punch of protein! I used PEScience Vanilla. I can’t speak for all protein powder brands, but you can’t taste this one at all aside from a subtle vanilla sweetness. For all PEScience products, you can use code Laurenfitfoodie to save 10% off your purchase.
- Confectioner’s sugar – I used Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar. Normal confectioner’s sugar or another calorie-free confectioners sugar blend would also work.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener.
- Pantry staples – Vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
- Pecans – For a great crunch.
- Graham crackers – Makes another delicious topping. Soooo good!
HOW TO MAKE THIS DESSERT CHEESE BALL
This is honestly one of the easiest appetizers ever to make. Just follow the simple steps below!
- Mix together ingredients. Mix all ingredients (except graham crackers and pecans) with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Wrap ingredient mixture in plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Coat with graham crackers and pecans. Put crushed up graham crackers and pecans on a plate. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll on plate until well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Place on a platter with cookies and crackers and serve. Enjoy!
This recipe is great because it can also be prepped the night before you serve it! I honestly think it tastes better if made a day ahead because the flavors have time to come together. This helps the cheese ball taste extra delicious!
- Use an electric mixer to mix all ingredients together (except graham crackers and pecans) until smooth.
- Place mixture on top of plastic wrap, cover, and form into a ball.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, roll in chopped pecans and crushed graham crackers until well-coated.
- Serve on a platter with apples, graham crackers, cookies, crackers, or whatever suits your fancy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR DESSERT CHEESE BALL
There are so many options to dip into your cheese ball. The best part is that you can go the sweet AND savory route. My favorite ingredient to eat this with is graham crackers. But for the savory lover, Ritz crackers are delish! Here are some other ideas:
- Animal cookies
- Sliced apples
- Vanilla wafers
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this caramel pecan dessert cheese ball and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!