Meal Prep Cheeseburger Bowls are balanced and light and are so easy to make! Crunchy lettuce, seasoned ground beef, your favorite burger toppings all tossed in your favorite sauce…they’ll be a lunch you’ll look forward to all week long!
I love the flavor of a nice, big cheeseburger, but sometimes they can get so messy! The juice gets all over my hands and makes my bun soggy. Can y’all relate? 😂
So, I went looking for a more convenient option and discovered one that was meal-prep friendly, too! These Meal Prep Cheeseburger Bowls are balanced, light, hit the spot and are so easy to make! Crunchy lettuce, seasoned ground beef, your favorite burger toppings all tossed in your favorite sauce…they’ll be a lunch you’ll look forward to all week long!
I highly recommend you try my Special Skinny Sauce with this recipe. Throw it in a little container and pour it onto your salad when you’re ready to eat. It brings the flavor and comfort of your favorite burger to life in your mouth! And it tastes just like In-N-Out Burger’s Special Sauce!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE MEAL PREP CHEESEBURGER BOWLS
- All the delicious flavors of a cheeseburger without the mess.
- Healthy meal that is packed and ready-to-go. Can’t beat the convenience!
- Low carb + protein packed to leave you feeling satisfied and not overly stuffed.
- More cost effective than a pre-made salad and healthier than a burger.
- Seriously tasty! Beef, cheese, pickles, onions, and special sauce!? I am drooling! 🤤
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ground beef – I used 93/7 lean ground beef for these. You can also use a different percentage or ground turkey or ground chicken. If you have burgers already made, you can also just crumble them up!
- Steak seasoning – Or other seasoning of choice. I used Weber’s Chicago Steak Seasoning.
- Shredded romaine lettuce – I use shredded lettuce instead of romaine. It made these bowls easier to eat!
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Red onions – or pickled red onions
- Bread and butter pickles – I used Mt. Olive No Sugar Added Bread and Butter Pickles.
- Skinny Special Sauce – YOU GUYS. This sauce is sooooooooooooo good. You gotta try it.
HOW TO MAKE + ASSEMBLE MEAL PREP CHEESEBURGER BOWLS
- Cook beef: In a large skillet, add beef and steak seasoning. Cook on medium heat until browned, breaking into pieces as you go. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble burger bowl: Add shredded lettuce, cheese, red onions, tomatoes, and pickles to a to-go storage container. I used these Two Compartment Glass Meal Prep containers so I could keep the ground beef and lettuce separate. I love that they are glass, BPA-free, and microwave, freezer, and dishwasher-safe. If you don’t have a two compartment container, you can either add your beef on the bottom of the container or store it separately.
I store the Skinny Special Sauce in these plastic portion cups with lids that I get off Amazon. They come in handy for meals and snacks on the go! You can also store your cheese or pickles in these if you wanted to keep them separate.
- When ready to eat, just do a little mixing + tossing in dressing. Enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can. I enjoy eating it both cold and warm! If you plan to reheat, it would be best to store the beef separately. In these cases, I typically will add the beed to the container so I can throw that in the microwave and heat up. I’ll add the veggies to a bag and store my cheese and Skinny Special Sauce in small plastic cups. When ready to eat, just microwave beef for about 15 seconds or until warm.
Of course! That is why I didn’t include the dressing in the nutritional information, so you can choose to add your own if you would like. I will say though, the Skinny Special Sauce is so yummy 😉
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this meal prep cheeseburger bowl and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!