This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
IS THERE A BETTER PARTY FOOD?? I mean really. These little sandwiches are just full of all the delicious flavors and make the PERFECT finger food!!
Ham and Cheese Sliders are a 12/10 every single time. Seriously if you need something for your next game day party, holiday party, or any get together, bring these. Because they are 10000% guaranteed to be a big hit. Every single time!
You don’t need a special occasion to enjoy these Healthy Ham and Cheese Sliders though! They also work great for a quick weeknight dinner or as an after school snack! The whole family can get on board with them!
This super easy recipe features layers of delicious ham and turkey, melted swiss cheese on sweet hawaiian rolls topped with a flavorful poppy seed butter sauce! There’s even a hint of yellow mustard in that buttery topping so you know real….REAL DANG GOOD.
Try this recipe to use up leftover turkey or ham from the holidays! You could also try it with some roast beef!
Why You’ll Love These Healthy Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Simple recipe and comes together super quick!
- Lightened up from the original version!
- Savory, sweet, buttery and crispy goodness – all the flavor spots!
- Pure comfort food! I mean what’s better than a cheesy melty sandwich?
- Versatile recipe – These mini sandwiches work for literally EVERYTHING! Anything from to parties to weeknight dinner to an after school snack! They are ALWAYS a good idea!
- Easy appetizer – your new favorite go-to 😉
- Great “leftovers” recipe – perfect for leftover ham and turkey from Thanksgiving!
- A crowd favorite! I have not met a soul who doesn’t love them!
- Sweet hawaiian dinner rolls – I used King’s Hawaiian rolls soft hawaiian rolls
- Ham– I used honey ham. You will want to use a good quality deli meat here!
- Turkey– Again, You will want to use a good quality turkey here.
- Cheese– I used swiss cheese.
- Mayo- I used light mayo.
- Mustard– I used yellow mustard. Honey mustard or dijon mustard would also work here.
- Onion- I used minced onion.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Poppy seeds
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray. Combine the poppy seed sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Slice rolls lengthwise with a large serrated knife separating the tops from the bottoms. Place the layer of bottoms into the prepared baking pan.
3. Top the rolls evenly with the ham, turkey and cheese.
4. Spread mayo on the cut side of the tops. Close rolls with tops.
5. Brush the melted butter mixture over the top of the rolls and sprinkle evenly with poppy seeds.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are lightly toasted.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or with plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the fridge for up to 2 days.
For best results, reheat in the oven or air fryer, to get them nice and crispy again. They are absolutely out of this world reheated in the air fryer! I do 350 F for about 3 minutes.
Can I use a different meat?
You sure can! Sweet, juicy ham and melty swiss pair so beautifully together! But, if ham isn’t your thing, try adding extra turkey, or even some roast beef!
Can I use a different cheese?
Yes! Again, ham and swiss always pair SO well together, but there are lot of cheeses that would work well here. Provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, colby jack cheese, or cheddar cheese would all taste great!
Can I use a different type of roll other than Hawaiian rolls?
Sure! I personally LOVE the sweetness of the Hawaiian rolls! I highly recommend using them, but you can use any roll of you choice here.
Ham and swiss sliders:
- 12 sweet hawaiian dinner rolls
- 9- oz. good quality honey ham
- 6- oz. good quality turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayo (60g)
Poppy seed sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter (30g) melted
- 1.5 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the poppy seed sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Slice rolls lengthwise with a large serrated knife separating the tops from the bottoms. Place the layer of bottoms into the prepared baking pan.
- Top the rolls evenly with the ham, turkey and cheese.
- Spread mayo on the cut side of the tops. Close rolls with tops. Brush the melted butter mixture over the tops of the rolls and sprinkle evenly with poppy seeds.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are lightly toasted.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.