This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
I love this delicious recipe so much because it literally only takes a few minutes to prep! Just dump everything in your slow cooker and let it work its magic. Gosh I love my slow cooker! Who ever invented the slow cooker, you are seriously the bomb diggity.
Even though this recipe uses frozen meatballs I swear they taste just like homemade meatballs. They are so tender and absolutely to die for! Of course I love the sauce the most. Grape jelly bbq meatballs heaven. And the best part, you only need three ingredients. THREE!
This 3 ingredient meatballs recipe makes the perfect easy appetizer for holiday parties, game day, baby showers, or any occasion. They even work awesome for easy meal prep and main dishes paired with rice or noodles and some vegetables!
An absolute must-have recipe to have on hand when you need something quick for guests or to bring to party last minute! SO quick and easy and EVERYONE loves these!
Why You’ll Love These Crockpot Meatballs
- Juicy meatballs heaven! The meatballs are so tender & juicy and coated in the most delicious grape jelly bbq sauce!
- QUICK 5-minute recipe – just dump in the slow cooker and let it do all the work!
- Party meatballs or main dish! Serve these up next game day or party or when you need something easy on a busy weeknight.
- Just THREE ingredients – all simple ingredients that can be found at your grocery store.
- Lightened up from traditional cocktail meatball recipes – lower in fat, calories and sugar.
- Family favorite – everyone loves these delicious meatballs and they will ask you to make them again.
- Jelly – I used reduced sugar grape jelly. But you can use any type of jelly, jam or preserves. You could even switch up the fruit, like hot pepper jelly or apricot preserves would also be amazing.
- BBQ sauce – I used G Hughs Sugar-free Honey Barbecue Sauce. Use your favorite BBQ sauce!
- Meatballs – You will want to the the frozen meatballs that are already fully cooked here. I used cooked turkey meatballs but Italian meatballs or beef meatballs work too.
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. In the base of your slow cooker (or in a bowl) mix together the grape jelly and barbecue sauce.
2. Add the bag of meatballs and toss until they’re all coated in sauce.
3. Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low heat for 2-3 hours. Turn the slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.
4. Enjoy as an appetizer or serve with rice or noodles and vegetables for a main course dish.
Can you use a different flavor of jelly for these slow cooker meatballs?
Sure! Feel free to get creative and try different flavors of jams, jelly, and preserves. You could do apricot preserves, raspberry preserves, hot pepper jelly or even orange marmalade would be great substitutes!
Can you use a different sauce besides BBQ sauce?
I haven’t tried it without the barbecue sauce but I think a chili sauce like Heinz Chili Sauce, or even a sweet chili sauce would also taste amazing!
Could I sub the turkey meatballs for something else?
You can do Italian, beef or chicken meatballs as well. If you want something a little different, try subbing with Little Smokies smoked sausage links.
Can you makes these on a stove top?
Yes, you can! Combine all the ingredients in a large pot or dutch oven. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until meatballs are warmed through.
- 1 15.5-oz. jar reduced sugar grape jelly
- 15- oz. BBQ sauce – I used G Hughes sugar free honey
- 28- oz. frozen & fully cooked turkey meatballs
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- In the base of your slow cooker (or in a bowl) mix together the grape jelly and barbecue sauce. Add the bag of meatballs and toss until they’re all coated in sauce.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low heat for 2-3 hours. Turn the slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or serve with rice or noodles and vegetables for a main course dish.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.