I was determined to find a way to make a macro-friendly skillet cookie y’all—and I did it! This Skinny Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie makes DOUBLE the cookie with HALF the carbohydrates and fat as the original recipe. Twice the cookie, lightened up, and just as soft, fluffy, and chocolatey.
And I’m back with another incredible skillet cookie recipe! This one is a revised version of my Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie , but skinny! I really wanted to find a way to make this dessert more macro-friendly, and let me tell you—I figured it out. My Skinny Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie recipe makes DOUBLE the amount of cookie with HALF the amount of carbohydrates and fats.
Twice the cookie and lightened up! What could be better!?
Seriously, you’re going to love this skillet cookie. It’s just as soft, moist, fluffy, and chocolatey and is still full of the good stuff. Plus, it’s just as easy to make. Enjoy it any day or night of the week (it’s always a great time for a cookie, am I right?) and savor all the goodness it has to offer. Best of all, you can top this Skinny Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie like your favorite sundae. Yes, lighter cookie totally means more room for toppings!
Mmmmmmmm SO GOOD. I can’t wait to see what you create!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN SKILLET COOKIE
This recipe is lightened up from the original version and still as delicious!
It has HALF the amount of carbs and fat.
Make DOUBLE the amount of cookie with this recipe!
Perfect for curbing your sweet tooth when trying to keep calories down.
Classic chocolate chip cookie flavor in each bite!
- Protein powder – I used Pescience vanilla. The flavor is so good and there is zero protein powder taste when baked.My other favorite Pescience flavors to use in this recipe are Cake Pop and Snickerdoodle. People always ask my favorite flavors of PEScience and I would definitely say these three. I use these flavors most often in all my dessert recipes! For all Pescience products, you can use my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie to save 15% off your purchase.
- Coconut flour – I recommend Viva Naturals Coconut Flour. Coconut flour has different absorbent properties than other flours and cannot be substituted equally. If you need a substitute, I would use 2 tbsp of almond, all-purpose, or gluten free flour for every 1 tbsp of coconut flour.
- Granulated stevia – You can use granulated Splenda, honey, syrup or normal white sugar. Brown sugar or coconut sugar would work well too!
- Baking soda
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Egg whites – Low in fat and high in protein.
- Vanilla extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Use your favorite! Dark, milk chocolate, semisweet…lots of great combinations! Love using mini because the chocolate spreads further! Enjoy Life is my go-to brand.
SKILLETS, OTHER BAKEWARE, AND BAKING TIMES
For this recipe, I used an 8-inch skillet.
Don’t have a skillet? Use a cake pan or another piece of flat bakeware.
Cooking time may vary if you use something other than a skillet. When I use a cake pan, it sometimes takes 20-25 minutes instead 10 minutes in the skillet.
If you use a deeper dish, the cookie will take longer to bake.
To test, poke a toothpick into the center of your cookie. If it comes out mostly clean, your Skinny Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie is done! It will still cook some in the dish so I would recommend taking it out when it’s almost done. The longer you bake it, the more cake-like it will be.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN SKILLET COOKIE SUBSITUTIONS
Applesauce – Try mashed pumpkin or banana in equal amounts.
Coconut flour – If needed, substitute 2 tbsp of almond, all-purpose, or gluten free flour for every 1 tbsp of coconut flour.
Granulated stevia – Use Splenda, honey, white sugar, coconut sugar, or brown sugar.
Baking soda – You can always sub for baking powder. The skillet cookie will be cakier, but it will still be good!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this skinny chocolate chip protein skillet cookie and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!