This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Honey Sriracha Chicken Meal Prep is one of tastiest, most flavorful meal prep recipes! It only takes 30 minutes, so it’s also perfect to whip up on a busy weeknight!
About This Recipe
You will absolutely LOVE this Honey Sriracha Chicken and Ranch Broccoli recipe! Whether you are looking to prep some chicken and veggies to have for lunches throughout the week or need a quick weeknight meal option, this healthy meal prep recipe is such a great option! It’s one of my favorite new recipes!
Let’s start with the fact that these bowls are incredibly flavorful! Juicy, tender chicken tossed with the most delicious sticky sweet honey sriracha sauce! Seriously, the combo of sweet honey and spicy sriracha is an absolute match made in heaven! I don’t like things too spicy so it’s still pretty mild but you can definitely add more sriracha to kick up the heat a little.
And if that doesn’t do it for you, this honey sriracha chicken bowl is so easy and comes together so quickly. It jut takes 30 minutes start to finish! That’s it! Who doesn’t love an easy main dish like this?!
This recipe is dairy-free as written, and can easily to made gluten free. To make gluten free, just swap the soy sauce for coconut aminos. You can even make these meal prep bowls vegetarian by swapping out the chicken for your favorite plant-based protein. They would be bomb with some crispy tofu! And to make vegan, do the same as just mentioned and also use a vegan honey and your favorite seasoning blend instead of the ranch. Easy peasy!
Why You’ll Love This Honey Sriracha Chicken and Ranch Broccoli
- Honey + sriracha is a sweet and spicy flavor explosion combo that will make your taste buds dance!
- Great cheap meal prep recipe! Simple steps, quick to make, and easy to store.
- Just 10 minutes of prep time!
- Made with straightforward, easy pantry staples.
- Macro-balanced! With 34g of protein per bowl!
- Perfect meal prep for this week’s lunches or a quick and easy dinner at home.
- Broccoli – Fresh or frozen both work here! Nothing beats fresh roasted broccoli in my opinion but you can definitely use frozen broccoli for convenience.
- Ranch Seasoning – my go-to easy seasoning for vegetables
- Chicken – I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. Chicken thighs would also work great here!
- Olive oil – or any oil of choice.
- Sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce – I used low-sodium soy sauce. You can also use coconut aminos to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Ginger paste
- Rice – optional for serving – I used microwave rice to make these bowls come together quickly. White rice, brown rice, or even grain, cauliflower rice, or even roasted potatoes work well here!
- Green onion – optional for serving.
- Sesame seeds – optional for serving. I like the white sesame seeds but black sesame seeds would also work here.
To make gluten-free: use a gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos.
To make dairy-free: use your favorite dairy-free seasoning place of ranch seasoning or a mix of garlic powder and onion powder to taste.
How To Make
You can store all the components separately and build your bowls when you are ready to eat them. Or you can go ahead and assemble them into meal prep containers so when you’re ready to enjoy them, all you have to do is heat them up.
Whether you store them as assembled meal prep bowls or separate bowls, make sure they’re stored in an air tight container and they’ll stay fresh for 5-6 days.
To reheat: build your bowls or grab your already assembled bowls, add some water on top of the rice (this prevents it from drying out) and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Meal Prep Variations
- Honey Sriracha Ground Chicken – instead of using 1 pound chicken breast, use one pound of ground chicken!
- Honey Sriracha Broccoli – instead of using ranch seasoning to season the broccoli, double the sauce recipe and toss the cooked broccoli with the other half of extra sauce.
- Sweet Chili Chicken – instead of sriracha, use sweet chili sauce! Start with 2 tablespoons and add more to get the sauce to your liking.
- Crock pot Honey Sriracha Chicken – instead of cooking your chicken on the stove top, add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker with the sauce and cook on low for 3-4 hours. I would recommend keeping the chicken breasts whole and shredding them later as they’re more likely to overcook if you go ahead and dice them.
Can I use something besides chicken breast?
Yes, chicken thighs work great too and so would ground chicken! You could even do ground turkey and technically ground beef if you wanted. For a vegetarian option, crispy tofu would go amazing!
Can I prep these Honey Sriracha Chicken Ranch and Broccoli bowls in advance?
Absolutely! These bowls come together in a few different parts. So you can cook your chicken, broccoli or rice at any point and keep them stored separate until ready to build your bowls.
What are the best meal prep containers for meal prepping?
We only use glass now and those are what I would recommend! We love these 2 u0026 3 compartment containers and this 20-piece round set which works great to store 4 meal prep meals in, plus have the others for proteins, sides and sauces.
How to reheat these chicken and broccoli bowls?
To reheat, build your bowls or grab your already assembled bowls, add some water on top of the rice (this prevents it from drying out) and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Is the honey sriracha sauce spicy?
I have a low heat tolerance and can’t do things too spicy so I purposely made this recipe to have a little kick but definitely not anything I’d consider spicy! You can taste your sauce before adding it to the chicken and adjust the amount of sriracha to your preferences – I.e. start with 1 tsp sriracha and go from there!
Can I double this recipe?
Most definitely! I only used 1 pound of chicken when originally making this recipe for 3 servings. But it’s a super easy one to double (or even triple) to make more.
- 16- oz. broccoli – fresh or frozen
- 1.5 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey (84g)
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup cooked rice optional for serving – or cauliflower rice, roasted potatoes, etc!
- Sliced green onions & sesame seeds for serving
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
Roast the Broccoli:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray generously all over with cooking spray.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and roasted to liking. Then toss with ranch seasoning mix and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the Chicken:
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and season both sides with 1 tsp salt (or to taste).
- Whisk together the honey, sriracha, soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, for 1-2 minutes. Then stir fry the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink. When done, transfer chicken to a plate to rest.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and increase heat to high. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Then remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the chicken back and toss to evenly coat.
Prepare the Bowls:
- To each bowl or container, add 1/3 cup cooked rice (if using), 1/3 of the chicken (148g) and 1/3 of the broccoli (117g).
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.