This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
About This Recipe
Have you ever bought a bag of pretzel bark from the store and eaten the whole thing before you even got home? Well if you’re like me, you’ve accidentally crushed a bag a time or too and we all know those aren’t cheap!
Don’t worry though, I have the solution for us! Homemade Dark Chocolate Pretzel and Peanut Bark and trust me, it’s even better than store-bought!!
Just like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars, this super easy no bake treat is made with only 4 simple ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to put together!
I kept it simple with just roasted peanuts and salty pretzels but the best part about making this chocolate bark yourself if that you can totally add anything else you think might be good!
In addition to how easy this delicious dark chocolate pretzel bark is to make, I also love that I can keep it stored in my freezer for any time I need a quick sweet bite!
You can break this rich dark chocolate bark into as big or small of a piece as you want! Perfect for curving your afternoon or late-night sweet tooth!
This delicious dark chocolate bark recipe also makes a great gift during the holiday season! It’s the perfect special treat for neighbors, teachers, friends, co-workers, etc. You could also throw in some Peanut Butter Cornflake Barks or Peanut Butter Fudge for the perfect holiday treat!
Why You’ll Love This Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- An instant crowd-pleaser for your next get-together or move night!
- One of my favorite things to stash in the freezer for a little sweet treat any time of day!
- Super easy to make in less than 10 minutes! No baking or boiling required!
- A simple recipe that is way better and cheaper than store-bought! Also makes the perfect gift this time of year!
- The perfect combination when you can’t decide between a sweet and salty snack!
- Dark chocolate – I highly recommend use a good quality chocolate for this recipe!
- Coconut oil
- Pretzel twists
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Flaky sea salt – optional but I love the extra flavor it adds!
There are lots of ways to make this dark chocolate bark your own!
- Use milk chocolate! Swap the dark chocolate for milk or semi-sweet chocolate!
- Switch up the nuts! Sub the peanuts for almonds, pecans, cashews or even pistachios.
- Holiday theme! Drizzle white chocolate and add crushed candy canes for a fun holiday twist.
- Make gluten-free! Use gluten-free pretzels to make this chocolate bark gluten-free!
- More fun mix-ins! You can also add M&Ms, white chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, butterscotch or caramel chips, potato chips, you name it to make this recipe fun for everyone!
How To Make
The full printable recipe is below, but let me walk you through the process so you know what to expect when you’re making it!
1. Line a 8×8-inch dish with parchment paper. Add chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Then pour into the lined dish.
2. Place pretzels and peanuts evenly across the top of the chocolate. Gently press in so they harden with the chocolate. Sprinkle it with flaky salt, if desired.
3. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
4. Then remove and break/cut into triangles/bark pieces.
Keep stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the freezer.
I highly recommend crushing your pretzels (and any other desired toppings) before preparing the chocolate mixture that way once you pour it the melted chocolate into the baking dish, you can immediately press the pretzel pieces and peanuts (or other toppings) into the chocolate as it starts to harden. If the chocolate cools too much before adding the toppings, it will be hard to get them to stick.
What’s the best way to melt the chocolate?
I always just melt the chocolate in the microwave for ease and convenience. To melt chocolate, just mix the chocolate and coconut oil in the bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring with a rubber spatula in between, until melted. You can also use a double boiler method or place a glass bowl over a small saucepan of water to melt your chocolate if you prefer!
What type of pretzels should I use for this recipe?
I prefer using thin pretzel twists or sticks for this recipe. The thicker pretzels are harder to break apart and can overtake too much of the chocolate and peanuts. If you only have the thick pretzels, just try to break them into smaller pieces before adding to your chocolate layer.
Can I make this dark chocolate pretzel bark recipe if I’m on a low-sodium diet?
Yes, you can make this dark chocolate bark with less salt if needed. Just use salt-free pretzels and omit the flakey salt at the end!
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate (180g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 12 pretzel twists (21g)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts (28g)
- 1 tsp flaky salt optional
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes. Scroll for macros and MyFitnessPal code.
- Line a 8×8-inch dish with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Then pour into the lined dish.
- Place pretzels and peanuts evenly across the top of the chocolate. Gently press in so they harden with the chocolate. Sprinkle it with flaky salt, if desired.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes then remove and break/cut into triangle/bark pieces. Keep stored in an airtight ziploc bag in the freezer.
Nutrition is hand-calculated and accurate. No autocalulations! However, note that values can vary based on the brands you use and if you substitute ingredients.