Citrusy and fresh, with a classic salt rim! This Christmas cocktail is perfect for Christmas parties, family holiday gatherings, or even cocktail hour at home. I’ve included a recipe for both a single serving and a large pitcher depending on how many you want to whip up!
This Christmas Margarita Recipe is the perfect cocktail to serve up not only this holiday season, but all season long! Who doesn’t love a good margarita?! This Christmas margarita recipe is just like the classic margarita, but with a touch of Christmas cheer!
This cranberry margarita is made with simple ingredients and comes together in just a few minutes. You absolutely can’t go wrong with this one friends! It just SO festive this time of year!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CHRISTMAS MARGARITA RECIPE
- Classic margarita… but make it CHRISTMAS! The ultimate holiday drink!
- Lightened up and lower in calories compared to a traditional margarita.
- Simple ingredients and super easy to make!
- Crowd-favorite – seriously everyone can get on board with this holiday drink! It is sure to be a huge hit at your holiday party and get everyone in the holiday spirit!
- Single serve or you can make a large pitcher of margarita and serve it up to a larger group!
- The most festive holiday cocktail for all your holiday celebrations! It has all the flavors of the season.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHIRSTMAS MARGARITA RECIPE
- Cranberry juice- I used reduced sugar cranberry juice. Regular cranberry juice or white cranberry juice will also work here.
- Tequila- I used silver tequila (also called blanco tequila) for this recipe. Although if you preferred gold tequila, you could do that, just make sure it’s good quality tequila!
- Orange juice– I recommend freshly squeezed if possible!
- Agave- I used agave nectar. You could also use simple syrup here.
- Orange slices (for serving)
- Rosemary (for serving)
- Salt (for the rim) – or a cinnamon sugar rim would also be delish!
- Orange zest (for the rim)
HOW TO MAKE
- Add all your ingredients to your large cocktail shaker (or pitcher if making a large batch) and mix to combine.
- Salt the rim of your margarita glass or cocktail glass with orange zest and salt. Use an orange slice to dampen the rim of your glass, or dip in a shallow bowl with orange juice. After that, dip the rim of your glass in a separate shallow bowl that has the salt and orange zest mixed together.
- Fill your glass with ice then pour the margarita over the ice.
- Garnish with orange slices and little bit of fresh rosemary for serving! You could even add a few fresh cranberries, sugared cranberries, or a lime wedge.
HOW TO MAKE NON-ALCOHOLIC CITRUSY CHRISTMAS MARGARITAS
To make this drink non-alcoholic, substitute the tequila with some sparkling water, club soda, or ginger beer. You could also use alcohol-free tequila.
TRACKING ALCOHOL MACROS
To calculate macronutrients for alcohol, we just need to know ONE thing: how many calories it contains. From there, we can allot the number of calories to either carbs, fats, or a combination of the two. For example, if a drink has 100 calories you can track that as 25 grams of carbs, 11 grams of fats, or 13g carbs and 6g fats.
Also, when tracking as a combination of both, any ratio works. As in, you don’t have to allot 50% of the calories to fats and 50% of the calories to carbs. You could do 25% fats and 75% carbs if you wanted (3g fats and 19g carbs) if that fits your macros for the day better.
So, for this particular recipe, there are technically 16g of carbs in this drink, but as we know, we have to account for alcohol calories too (alcohol is the forth macro), so I went ahead and divided the total number of calories by 4 to account for all the macros in this drink.
Check out this blog post on more information on tracking alcohol macros.
CHRISTMAS MARGARITA RECIPE: FAQ
You sure can! Just omit the tequila and replace with sparkling water, club soda, or ginger beer.
You can, just know it will change up the flavor a bit. Pomegranate juice is a little more tart – I think it would still be delicious though!
Most definitely! I’ve included a recipe below for a large pitcher to serve up to friends at your holiday festivities this season!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Christmas Margarita recipe and love it, please give this recipe a star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!