These chickpea blondies are out-of-this-world delicious! They are easy to make, made with wholesome ingredients and just 100 calories a bar. They will quickly become your new favorite healthy treat!
Perfectly sweet, perfectly soft, and bursting with so much buttery chocolate chip goodness, these blondies are most definitely one of my new favorite desserts! Not only are they so incredibly tasty, but they were one of the easiest desserts I have made to date. Healthy, macro-friendly, delicious, AND easy? What on earth more could we want here?!
I wish I could have made these blondies last longer, but once I tried them for the first time, they were the only dessert I wanted! Between my mid-afternoon dessert and my nightly dessert, they were gone in three days. It’s a good thing they were easy to make because as I write this post I am craving more. 😂
WHAT YOU NEED
- Almond butter (or other nut butter of choice) – I used American Dream Nut Butter Bundle Up Blondie
- Butter extract – love the flavor this brings but if you don’t have, vanilla will do
- Protein powder – I used PEScience vanilla. (You can save 10% on PEScience products with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie)
- Syrup – I used Walden Farm’s pancake syrup
- Mini chocolate chips – I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
WHAT TO EAT WITH
To be quite frank, I ate the majority of these blondies straight up! They have all the flavor and yummy goodness you need right in them and they hit the spot for a mid-afternoon snack. But thinking about next time, some other great ideas would be:
- Crumbled on top of protein fluff or ice cream
- With cool whip on top (OK update – tried it this way and holy yum)
- With cream cheese or nut butter on top (SO GOOD)
- On top of a yogurt bowl or jello yogurt bowl
- With a big ol’ glass of chilled milk!
CAN THIS BE MADE VEGAN, PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, OR DAIRY FREE?
YES! To make Vegan and Dairy-Free, make sure you use a vegan protein powder (like PEScience’s SELECT Vegan protein) and a brand of chocolate chips and pancake syrup that is vegan and dairy-free too. I love Enjoy Life chocolate chips for this!
To make Paleo, you will need to make sure you use a brand of protein powder, syrup and chocolate chips that are Paleo-approved. PEScience’s vegan protein is made partially from brown rice powder, so not technically considered paleo. Because they do not contain soy like most chocolate chips, Enjoy Life chocolate chips are considered Paleo by the Paleo Foundation.
HOW TO STORE
Once bars have cooled, place them in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow the flavors to come out more and bring about a more sweet, buttery flavor. They just taste so much better the next day and so much better chilled. Trust me here!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these chickpea blondies and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!