Rich chocolate, gooey marshmallow creme, crunchy crushed graham crackers… all in a delicious buttery baked blondie bar! These Easy S’mores Protein Blondie Bars are perfect ANY time of the year! No one will ever know they’re low calorie and packed with protein!!!
All the same sweet delicious of s’mores but in blondie form? YES PLEASE! These Easy S’mores Protein Blondie Bars are made inside in the oven and provide the perfect amount of gooey marshmallow, rich chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker to tame your sweet treat craving without going overboard.
Like you’re typical s’more, these blondie bars are filled with delicious flavors chocolate, marshmallow, and cinnamon. But in the blondie, we also get the taste of butter, vanilla and peanut butter, which complement them perfectly!
What I love most about these S’mores Protein Blondie Bars is the texture. They are SO soft and gooey, especially thanks to some sugary sweet marshmallow creme.😍 The KEY is to take them out when they are still a little gooey on the toothpick. That way, they will be perfect texture after you let them set (like they’re the best after sitting overnight in the fridge!!!) If you cook them a tad longer than that, they will be a tad more cakey, but if that’s what you’re going for, that’s cool too! Regardless, they are YUMMY!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE S’MORES BLONDIE BARS
- They’re crunchy, gooey, melty, and oh so chocolatey!
- Packed with incredible flavors of chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon, and marshmallow.
- Easy—and FUN!—to make.
- Done in just 25 minutes in the oven!
- Low calorie and packed with protein—but you’d never taste it!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Vanilla protein powder. If you want to use another brand, just make sure it is also a whey + casein blend. Not all protein powders respond the same when baked, so just make sure you use one you know bakes well. For all PEScience products, you can use my affiliate code Laurenfitfoodie to save 15% off your purchase.
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour for this recipe. If you need to substitute with another flour to make gluten-free, I recommend Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour.
- Brown sugar – I used Swerve Brown Sugar. Feel free to substitute with normal brown sugar or another brown sugar alternative.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve Granular Sweetener. You can use whatever sweetener you would like here.
- Baking essentials – Grab some baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Non-fat Greek yogurt – If needed, you can substitute more applesauce. However, this will make the blondies more cakey.
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Light butter – I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light. If you need to substitute, use normal butter, oil, or more peanut butter chips. There needs to be some fat in the recipe to make the blondies gooey.
- Peanut butter chips – You can substitute a nut butter here. Drippy is best!
- Chocolate – I love mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate because the chocolate spreads farther!
- Graham crackers – essential for s’mores. Use gluten-free if you need!
- Marshmallow creme
HOW TO MAKE S’MORES BLONDIE BARS
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add protein powder, flour, sweetener, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Then, add yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, butter, and melted peanut butter chips. Combine using a hand mixer.
- Crush the graham crackers into little pieces and crumbles. Fold the crushed graham crackers and mini chocolate chips into the batter. I like to save a little of both to sprinkle on top of the blondies at the end.
- Pour 3/4 of the blondie batter into the prepared dish. Add the marshmallow creme in small dollops evenly across the batter. Then, use a butter knife or toothpick to make swirls. You can swirl as much or as little as you’d like!
- Add the remaining blondie batter on top in dollops and do a few more quick swirls. Sprinkle with any remaining graham cracker crumbles and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the edges are set. A toothpick inserted in the center should still be slightly gooey for a moist texture.
HOW TO STORE YOUR S’MORES BLONDIE BARS
Let blondies cool to room temperature. Then, store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They are best the next day after allowing the flavors to come together overnight!
To freeze, let blondies cool to room temperature. Then, cut them into bars. Wrap the bars individually in parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil. Store in a Ziploc bag. To prevent freezer burn, make sure to remove as much air as possible. Your bars will stay fresh for 6 months if stored properly.
TIPS FOR BEST BLONDIES
- Use the ingredients called for in the recipe. Substitutions happen, but to really experience these S’mores Blondies, I highly recommend using the ingredients I used.
- Don’t over-bake. Taking the blondies out when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean is the key to a gooey and moist texture. Baking too long will dry them out!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I recommend you do, but if you need to substitute, you can. For gluten-free blondies, use Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten Free Flour. You could also use oat flour.
Not all protein powders bake the same, so just make sure you are using one you know bakes well. If you want to use another brand, make sure it is also a whey + casein OR a plant-based blend. Whey blends don’t bake as well.
You can omit the protein powder. Just substitute with an equal amount of more flour (30g or 1/4 cup).
MORE DECADANT BLONDIES TO TRY
- CARROT CAKE BLONDIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- APPLE BLONDIES WITH CINNAMON MAPLE GLAZE
- THE BEST PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES
- THE BEST HEALTHY CAKE BATTER OREO PROTEIN BLONDIES
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these S’mores Protein Blondie Bars love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!