This Sausage Apple Cranberry Stuffing is so easy and SO flavorful! Savory sausage, sweet apples, tart cranberries with fresh herbs, and buttery toasted breadcrumbs. It’s seriously the best thing ever and the absolute perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner!
Made with simple ingredients but bursting with fresh flavor and textures, this Sausage and Sage Stuffing with Apples and Cranberries is festive and SO delicious! It is such a fun twist on a classic favorite! It will quickly become your go-to Thanksgiving stuffing!
This recipe is very customizable and easy to switch up! Feel free to use turkey sausage instead of regular breakfast sausage or different varieties of apples. You could even switch up the dried cranberries for another dried fruit of choice. SO many fun options here!!
This cranberry sausage stuffing recipe only takes a few minutes to prep and couldn’t be easier to put together. What is really amazing is that it can be made ahead of time! Prepare it the morning of Thanksgiving (It seriously only takes a few minutes!) And when it’s nearing the time of your holiday meal, all of you have to do is pop this baby in the oven! You may need to allow it to bake for a little extra time, since the baking dish will be a little cold coming from the fridge.
Need to make this recipe a few days or weeks ahead of time? Well you can!! You can easily freeze this recipe, and pull it out of the freezer when you need it. Store it an airtight container. Just make make sure it is freezer safe! You could also use a ziplock freezer bag and freeze it in smaller sections. You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Always a crowd pleaser, this sausage apple cranberry stuffing is sure to be one the entire family enjoys! It will become of your new Thanksgiving dinner family traditions.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SAUSAGE APPLE CRANBERRY STUFFING
- Full of fresh savory flavor- add this to your list of favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
- A family friendly recipe everyone will love- this seriously this will become everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving stuffing recipe!
- So quick and easy to prepare- literally just takes a few minute to whip up!
- Easy to switch up + modify the ingredients to your preferences
- Can be prepped ahead of time! Just pull it out and bake when ready!
- Olive oil
- Onion- I used a yellow onion.
- Sausage- I used. lean breakfast sausage. The type of sausage you use is very versatile. Use your favorite!
- Black pepper
- Sage– I used fresh sage.
- Parsley– I used fresh parsley.
- Apple- I used a yellow golden delicious apple. Granny Smith or other varieties of apples also work!
- Cranberries- I used low sugar dried cranberries
- Chicken stock– You could also use turkey stock here.
- Sage and onion stuffing– I used Pepperidge Farms cubed stuffing.
- Butter- I used unsalted butter. You can use dairy-free butter if needed.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE APPLE CRANBERRY STUFFING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. To a heavy large skillet, add onions and celery and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the ground sausage, breaking up as it browns. Cook sausage until it is completely cooked through, season with salt and pepper; stir in the fresh herbs. Then stir in the diced apples, cranberries, bread crumbs and chicken stock.
- Pour sausage mixture to the prepared dish. Drizzle melted butter over the stuffing and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes covered, then for another 20 uncovered until stuffing is lightly toasted and golden brown. Sprinkle with additional fresh herbs before serving.
HOW TO STORE
Store Sausage & Sage Stuffing w/ Apples & Cranberries in an airtight container or with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
To freeze, store in an airtight freezer-safe container or in a ziplock freezer bag for up to 3 months.
SAUSAGE AND SAGE STUFFING WITH APPLE AND CRANBERRIES: FAQ
Yes, you can! Turkey sausage, sage sausage, or any other variety of pork sausage works here! Use your favorite!
I used golden delicious, but Granny Smth or any sweet apple would also taste great! Use your favorite!
You sure can! Store it in an airtight container that is freezer safe. You could also use a ziplock freezer bag, You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Sausage and Sage Stuffing with Apples and Cranberries and love it, please give this recipe a star rating!
You can also tag me on Instagram or TikTok, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!