These Honey Butter Yeast Rolls are soft, subtly sweet, and the perfect addition to any meal or holiday. The rolls can be prepped in advanced and stored in fridge until ready to bake. Buttery, delicious, and low in fat, these rolls will be a real crowd pleaser!
Warm, soft pieces of bread glazed with honey and butter that are low in fat…where do I sign up? Sounds. Like. A. Dream.
They’re real, I swear! These Honey Butter Yeast Rolls are begging to be the center of your dinner spread, shared and enjoyed with family and friends for all occasions. Made with yeast, they’re soft and subtly sweet. The rolls are also browned in the oven, ensuring they have enough structure so they don’t get soggy after being coated with a marvelous honey and butter glaze.
Not only do these rolls make a great appetizer and addition to any meal, but they’re also the perfect snack size. Enjoy one on its own or throw it in the toaster and add some jam (or more butter) to enjoy any time! Buttery, sweet, delicious, and low in fat, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE HONEY BUTTER YEAST ROLLS
- It’s bread, honey, and butter. What a mouth-watering combination.
- These rolls are not hard to make. They won’t have you stressing out in the kitchen! You can become a bread maker. I promise.
- They make a big batch, making serving a large crowd a breeze!
- Just 100 calories per roll!
- You can make them in advance! Make the dough, shape into balls and refrigerate until you’re ready to pop them in the oven and show ’em off.
- They’re great for the holidays. The smell of warm bread, honey, and butter working together just smells like home.
- Goes with everything and every meal. You can make them anytime a craving hits without having to adjust your dinner plan.
- EVERYONE will love them. Seriously, whatcha waiting for?
WHAT YOU NEED
- Milk – Gives the rolls a richer taste.
- Sugar – Adds sweetness to the rolls and helps the yeast activate.
- Yeast – You can use regular active dry yeast in this recipe, or rapid-rise yeast.
- Honey – Adds more sweetness.
- Salt – For the dough.
- Egg – Will provide structure to our rolls.
- All-purpose flour – Binds our ingredients together.
- Butter – Provides rich flavor.
- Honey Butter topping – The secret sauce!!
PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE
You can prepare these Honey Butter Yeast Rolls the night before and bake the next day. Just follow the steps up until the baking: make the dough, shape it into balls, and place them in a dish. Cover them and refrigerate up to 24 hours. They should look similar to the picture on the left side below before you cover in saran wrap!
Then when ready, take the shaped rolls out of the refrigerator 1 1/2 to 2 hours before you are ready to bake them. This gives them time to warm to room temperature and rise (like in the picture on the right side) before baking. Once risen, bake the rolls as directed in the recipe.
Perfect to help you prepare for a big holiday dinner spread.
HOW TO FREEZE HONEY BUTTER YEAST ROLLS
You can also make these rolls ahead of time and put them in the freezer until you’re ready for them. Bake the rolls as instructed below and let cool completely. Then, wrap individually in saran wrap. Rolls will stay good in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to serve the rolls, let them thaw at room temperature for about an hour. Then, warm rolls in a 350° F oven, covering them as necessary to prevent over-browning.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these honey butter yeast rolls and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!