Three cheese, protein-packed macaroni and cheese bites! These bites are low in calories, tasty and so fun to make!
These Mac and Cheese bites are straight up fire. Cheesy pasta made even more tasty (and more macro friendly!) with added egg whites and cheese. Not to mention they are just straight up FUN to eat.
For the Mac and Cheese, I used Banza Chickpea pasta. This stuff is super tasty. I’m especially fond of the white cheddar flavor. Love that it has protein in it too to make it easier to fit into my macros. Honestly, it tastes just as good as “normal” pasta to me, so I knew I wouldn’t be missing anything!
These bites are also crazy easy to make! All you gotta do is follow the box instructions to make the mac and cheese, and the rest is easy peasy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE MAC AND CHEESE BITES
- Minimal ingredients – just 4-5 main ones depending on if you use the same shredded cheese or not!
- EASY to make – just two steps: make the pasta then make the bites!
- They are fun – kids love making and eating these! And okay, adults too (I am raising my hand here)
- Just 40 calories per bite! Say whhhaaaaaaat!
- Packed with protein – not only are these mac and cheese bites low in calories, but they also have more protein than your standard mac and cheese.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Box of Mac and cheese – I used Banza to keep protein higher
- Milk (for the Mac and cheese)
- Egg whites
- Shredded cheese – I used a mixture of fat free and 2% shredded, but you can use whatever you want to here!
- Seasoning of choice – I love using hidden valley ranch seasoning but there are many that would work well for this recipe!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these mac and cheese bites and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!