Low-calorie protein brownies that actually amazing!? Yes, this is real life. No dreaming here. Amazing taste and texture and the last healthy brownie recipe you will ever need!
I have been working on perfecting this black bean brownie recipe for quite some time now. I have made multiple batches, changing the types and amounts of ingredients here and there. The brownies were always yummy, but I was chasing AMAZINGNESS. I mean, I was seeking “the last healthy brownie recipe you will ever need.”
I wouldn’t say I’m a perfectionist (most days at least 😆 ), but I did want to make sure this recipe was stand-up level before posting. Multiple attempts later and stand-up level is HERE y’all.
What You Need
- Black beans – and before you ask, no you do not taste them at all!
- Canned pumpkin
- Sugar free pancake syrup – I use Walden Farm’s or Cary’s brand. You can always use pure maple syrup too.
- Almond milk – or any milk of choice
- Protien Powder – I used PEScience frosted chocolate cupcake. You can use any flavor though! If you use another brand, just make sure it is a whey + casein blend as well.
For all Pescience products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 15%.
- Cocoa Powder – I love Hershey’s dark
- Oat flour – I love the texture the oat flour brings, but you can substitute with all-purpose, almond, or gluten-free flour too.
- Reduced-calorie hot cocoa mix – may sound odd, but the level of chocolateness this mix brings cannot be matched! A good sub for this would be sugar-free chocolate jello pudding mix. If you are looking to keep artificial sweeteners down, Simply Delish brand is amazing! But I still highly recommend the cocoa mix!
Why You’ll Love These Brownies
- They are thick, dense and FUDGY, just like every brownie should be!
- No hassle and easy to make – just all the ingredients into a food processor
- Each brownie is only 100 calories
- Packed with protein and fiber
- They don’t taste healthy…at all. And you are sure to fool everyone 😉
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie), because I love seeing your yummy recreations!