Make this Healthy Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner! It’s low calorie, protein packed, and super quick to come together! You can top it with cheese and sour cream and enjoy with a grilled cheese sandwich, cheesy toast, or your favorite bread.
Your favorite comforting soup just got a MAJOR upgrade!! Why have regular chicken soup when you can warm up with a big bowl of BUFFALO chicken soup? 😍 Not only is it super creamy and flavorful, but it’s just as comforting and absolutely perfect to help you warm up as the nights get chillier!
Gather all the ingredients for this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Soup up and see just how fast it is to turn into this deliciously filling meal. It’s filled with soft veggies, juicy chicken, creamy cheese—and it’s still packed with protein.
This soup is also low in fat so feel free to add ALL the fun toppings that sound good! My favorite toppings are feta cheese or shredded cheese, diced avocado, fresh green onions and a dollop of sour cream.
I also highly recommend eating this soup with a grilled cheese or piece of cheesy toast. This soup + bread + cheese = an INSANELY YUMMY combo!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP
- It’s super quick and easy to make. You’ll have dinner on the table in no time 🙌🏼
- This soup is packed with protein and low calorie. Super macro-friendly!
- Low in fat so you don’t have to feel guilty about adding your favorite toppings.
- A spicy upgrade from your traditional chicken soup!
- Soooo comforting on a chillier night!
- Tastes great with a grilled cheese, cheesy toast, or bread.
- Chicken breast – A great protein for soup. Shreds so nicely!
- Carrots – These will get so soft and juicy.
- Celery – A classic soup veggie.
- Cauliflower – goes great with buffalo and get to sneak in another veggie 😉
- Onions – Bring such incredible flavor to this soup!
- Seasoning – I used minced garlic, salt, and Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix.
- Chicken stock – For some great hearty flavor!
- Buffalo sauce – I used Frank’s Buffalo Sauce here. Feel free to use your favorite kind.
- Cream cheese – I used fat-free cream cheese. You can use normal cream cheese, reduced-fat, or any other type of cream cheese here.
- Butter – I used light butter, but any butter will work! This reallyyy gives it some flavor. 😍
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP
- Take the cream cheese out of fridge to let it soften. Go ahead and prepare all veggies by washing and chopping them.
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, add the butter and set to medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions become translucent and the other veggies start to soften, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, ranch seasoning mix, chicken stock, and buffalo sauce and mix until combined. Then add the chicken breasts and make sure they are submerged in the liquid. Bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Take the chicken out and set aside on a plate. Ladle about half of the soup into a blender (including both the broth and the veggies), and blend until smooth. Pour blended mixture back into the remaining soup mixture on the stovetop.
- Add in cream cheese and stir until melted. Cut chicken into small pieces (size of your liking) and add back into soup.
- Let soup simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat, then serve.
Top with shredded cheese, blue cheese or feta cheese! Add green onions and sour cream if desired.
Other delicious ideas: eating with toasted bread or rolls, with a grilled cheese sandwich, or with baked pita bread!
WHAT TO TOP AND EAT WITH
While this soup is comforting and delicious on it’s own, you can dress it up or make a more filling meal by trying these ideas:
- Top your bowl with green onions, a dollop of sour cream (or Greek yogurt), or avocado!
- Sprinkle soup with crumbled feta, bleu cheese, or shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Dip a roll or toasted bread! You can also use them to scoop this chicken soup up!
- Eat with a grilled cheese. Trust me. It’s the PERFECT combo.
- Enjoy with some cheesy toast. Same experience as gooey grilled cheese, but open-faced. 😍
- Serve alongside toasted pita chips.
BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP FAQ
Blending half of the broth and veggies helps create a hearty, thicker soup. Otherwise, it would still be good, just more broth-y and less hearty!
The way this recipe is written, this soup is not spicy! It’s very mild. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it as spicy as you like. If you like things spicier, just taste at the end add more buffalo sauce!
Stored in an airtight container, this soup will stay fresh for 5-6 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it to enjoy later!
MORE COMFORTING RECIPES
- CHICKEN BACON RANCH MAC AND CHEESE
- EASY BUTTERNUT SQUASH TURKEY CHILI
- LIGHTENED-UP BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Buffalo Chicken Soup and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!