Make brownie baking a breeze with these rich and fudgy Small Batch Chocolate Brownies. All you need is one bowl, a brownie pan or dish, and an oven. Six brownies under 100 calories each—what a perfect dessert!
Do you ever just want a brownie but don’t want to bake a whole tray? It’s a struggle, right? 😂 One brownie turns into two which turns into five…and not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes having a lot of a dessert around can get in the way of our fitness and nutrition goals. I get it—and I’m here to help!
These Small Batch Chocolate Brownies are perfect to make to tame your chocolate cravings without going overboard. You only need a few pantry staples and you can mix them together all in one bowl! If you use a brownie pan, they’ll be ready in just 10 minutes. You can also use a regular 9×6″ dish and they’ll still be done in less than 20 minutes.
I consider these Small Batch Chocolate Brownies to be one of the best desserts ever—not only because they taste SO GOOD, but because we finish them off in the blink of an eye and there won’t be any left to tempt me around breakfast time the next day. Not saying that would be the worst thing in the world, though. 😉 Each brownie is also under 100 calories and this recipe does not contain protein powder.
At this point, I can’t think of any excuse NOT to whip these up and sink your teeth into a delicious fudgy chocolate bite!
If you’re looking for more full batch brownie recipes, I HIGHLY recommend the Slutty Brownies and Monster Cookie Brownies in my Sweets Cookbook!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE SMALL BATCH CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Perfect if you don’t want to make a whole batch of brownies!
- One bowl means easy clean up. 🙌🏼
- Less than 100 calories per brownie. Enjoy guilt free!
- No protein powder required.
- Quick to make with just a few pantry staples.
- SO RICH AND FUDGY AND GOOD!
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour. For gluten-free brownies, I recommend Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten Free Flour.
- Sweetener – I used Swerve. Use any granulated sweetener you wish here.
- Dark cocoa powder – This provides richer flavor than just normal cocoa powder.
- Baking powder
- Greek yogurt – I used nonfat Fage.
- Pancake syrup – I used sugar-free pancake syrup. You can use pure maple syrup or normal pancake syrup as well.
- Light butter – I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter light spreadable butter.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – We are going to melt these for a fudgier, richer flavor and texture!
HOW TO MAKE SMALL BATCH BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 6 cavities in a brownie pan with cooking spray. You can also use a 9×6” dish for this recipe.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add the egg, yogurt, syrup, butter, vanilla, and melted chocolate chips. Combine the ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Add the brownie batter evenly amongst the cavities in the brownie pan or to the 9×6”dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. We want the brownies to be a little gooey in the center for a more moist texture. If you are using a 9×6” dish, baking time will be longer, around 15-18 minutes. Again, take out when it’s still a little gooey. The brownies will continue to set in the hot pan and especially overnight stored in the fridge.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove and enjoy!
Keep your brownies stored in the fridge in an airtight container. These brownies are even BETTER the next day!
SMALL BATCH CHOCOLATE BROWNIE FAQ
Yes! To make gluten-free brownies, just replace all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour. I recommend Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 Gluten Free Flour. Not all gluten-free flour is the same and a lot of brands are grainy, but this one tastes like the real deal!
I love this question! You could enjoy your brownies with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, top with some chocolate syrup and whipped cream, and even add some sprinkles. You could also serve with fresh fruit!
You’ll get about six brownies.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
- FUDGY PUMPKIN SWIRL BROWNIES (HEALTHY AND GLUTEN-FREE)
- HEALTHY CHERRY CHEESECAKE SWIRL BROWNIES
- THE MOST DELICIOUS (AND HEALTHY) MISSISSIPPI MUD BROWNIES
- HEALTHY PEPPERMINT BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Small Batch Chocolate Brownies and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
These turned out great! I used local maple syrup and coconut sugar. I put it in a 9×6 pan and cooked it for 16 minutes but I could have gone a nother minute or two. As someone with PCOS and big sugar cravings from it, this is a good homemade dessert to have on hand and not strong enough to give me symptoms!
Yay!! So happy to hear that Jess! A good one to have in your back pocket for sure 🙂