Banana bread that is sweet, moist, gooey and delicious! This bread is a crowd favorite and one that no one ever guesses is healthy for a second! Low fat, packed with protein and fiber – this bread is a must make!
Even as a recipe developer and someone who is always trying to come up with new recipes, this is one of those recipes that I still go back to! I have the ingredients memorized and whenever we have bananas that are starting to brown, you can bet this is my go-to recipe!
I love everything about it. Especially the fact that it is ooey and gooey and delicious! I like a good moist banana bread as opposed to a “cake-like” one, and this bread surely fits in that category.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS OOEY GOOEY BANANA BREAD
- It’s easy to make – just blend it up good and bake – easy peasy!
- Made with staple ingredients – besides the banana and zucchini, all the other ingredients most people keep stored in their panty and fridge.
- It’s OOEY GOOEY – this one has to be its own bullet point. Seriously OOEY GOOEY CHOCOLATE SWEET BREAD MAGIC.
- It’s healthy – besides the fact that it taste absolutely delicious, it’s actually pretty darn healthy for you. It’s packed with protein and fiber, nutrients from the banana and zucchini, and omega 3’s from the nut butter. It’s an all-around bread of health 😂
- Balanced in macros – lower in calories, carbs, and fats than your standard banana bread and higher in protein
- It is super versatile! – change up the protein powder, change up the spices, change up the add-ins – and you have yourself a whole new bread!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Grated zucchini
- Nut butter – I use American Dream Nut Butter – so drippy and delicious! (You can save 10% on ADNB products with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie)
- Protein powder – My go-to is PEScience protein powder. You guys this protein powder bakes amazingly. Zero weird texture or protien flavor and it actually brings an amazing sweet flavor to the bread! (You can save 10% on PEScience products with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie)
- All-purpose flour
- Coconut flour
- Chocolate Chips
SWITCH IT UP!
Switch up the form: Besides the typical bread pan, I have also LOVED making these into mini loaves, muffins and mini muffins – all for easier transportation.
Switch up the flavor:
- Peanut Butter bread: peanut butter cookie protein powder + butter extract + 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- Going Bananas bread: same as recipe above but with banana extract
- Gingerbread bread: add gingerbread spices. You can also check out my Gingerbread Zucchini Bread for this flavor!
- Blueberry bread: add blueberries – one of my favorite ways to switch up
- Strawberries and cream bread: Strawberry protein (optional) + strawberry extract + dried or fresh strawberries + white chocolate chips
OTHER TASTY ADD-INS AND TOPPINGS:
- Chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, espresso chips!
- Walnuts or other nut
- Spices – nutmeg, all-spice, clove
- Fruit – dried or fresh
- Cream cheese/whipped cream cheese
- Nut butter
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this ooey gooey banana bread and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Lauren oh my gosh I will never need another healthy banana bread recipe ever again. This was amazingggggg and I’ve made it over and over again! The zucchini keeps it so moist and the flavor is delicious
Thank you Amy! 🙂 Yes that zucchini is key!! Moist bread = best bread 😆
Cant wait to try this! I made the Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread a few weeks ago & it was delish! So excited for another new and healthy flavor!
Yum! I know, you can’t go wrong with Banana bread!!
Banana bread is one of my guilt pleasures and I haven’t found a healthy recipe that is a good enough alternative until now. This recipe is so good and my dad even ate half the loaf, which says something :O Great recipe and will be bookmarking to make over the holidays!
Legit made this for my Japanese neighbors for a Christmas gift this year. Turned out amazing!!!
Chocolate chip banana bread is the BEST! Will have to try this with GF flour.
So I don’t really like bananas but the chocolate compelled me to make it and give it a try and oh my god I fell in love immediately. I couldn’t even taste the bananas and the melted chocolate chips just made it oh so heavenly!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I tried it out yesterday but I subbed the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips instead since that’s all I had. It came out amazing girl! Since I added the peanut butter chips the taste was even better ☺️
Can I use PB2 instead of Nut Butter to save Calories?
Can I sub zucchini for something else? Don’t have any and I’m excited to make this!
I haven’t tried it with anything else but I bet you could do pumpkin!