This Skinny Poolside Margarita is low in calories and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day! All it takes is 4 to 5 simple steps to make and one sip to enjoy. It features Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Teremana Tequila and a popsicle for a fun, sweet treat.
What’s better than a margarita by the pool? I know…I can’t think of anything either! That’s why I’m so excited to share with you this Skinny Poolside Margarita. This drink is light, refreshing, and the perfect way to wind down after a long day. And it’s made with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Teremana Tequila. It’s so good!
But I haven’t even gotten to the best part. Are you ready?
It’s topped with a popsicle! Literally, this is the PERFECT summertime cocktail. The popsicle adds a bunch of hydration and as it melts, it turns this Skinny Poolside Margarita into a Skinny Poolside Margarita Slushie.
MORE TO LOVE ABOUT THIS SKINNY POOLSIDE MARGARITA
- It’s a margarita! What’s not to love??
- This drink is lightened up, lower in calories compared to a traditional margarita at 150 calories.
- So refreshing! Just imagine sipping this while you tan by the pool.
- That popsicle brings so much fun, is sugar-free, and turns your drink into a yummy slushie treat.
- Uses the best skinny mixer I’ve ever tried. This margarita is straight-up delicious!
WHAT YOU NEED
Just three necessities to make this refreshing Skinny Poolside Margarita!
- Tequila Blanco/Silver Tequila – love Teremana Blanco. So smooth!
- Master of Mixes Lite Margarita Mix – This mix has NO artificial taste and the PERFECT amount of sweetness and tang!
- Popsicle – I used a lime one, but feel free to use whatever sounds yummy.
- Lime for garnish, optional
- Salt for rim, optional
TIME TO BECOME THE BARTENDER
I promise, this drink is super easy to whip up. Just follow these instructions:
1. Pre-salt rim if desired. Just wet outside of glass with water. Then, go around the top edge with salt. You can do this either from the store-bought container or if you put a little bit of salt on a flat plate.
2. Add some ice to glass.
3. Add margarita mix, tequila, and ice to shaker cup. Shake it all up!
4. Then, pour in contents of shaker into your glass.
5. Top with a popsicle and garnish with a lime!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this skinny poolside margarita and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!