This bread is perfectly sweet and the best of both worlds with classic flavors of vanilla and chocolate swirled throughout. Even better is that it is just 77 calories PER SLICE!
It’s been super chilly here in DC lately, which just makes me want to bake more and more! I’ve especially been enjoying experimenting with different types and flavors of “sweet” baked breads. It’s so crazy to me how the bread can taste so immensely different, even with just a couple of change ups!
What’s special about this bread is that it combines two of the most classic “sweet” flavors of baking — chocolate and vanilla. Meaning that you literally get the best of both worlds with each and every mouth-watering bite! Not only that, but this bread looks aesthetic AF –which is great if you really want to impress someone with your baking skills. Because secretly it’s dang pretty easy make. 😆
Bread is great (because carbs, yes), but also because it is such an easy go-to and so good with everything. I’ve been eating for breakfast with light cream cheese or peanut butter, having it with my fruit and yogurt (also with peanut butter), and even find myself including this with my nightly dessert.
What’s even better is that it the perfect grab-and-go snack because it isn’t messy at all. I just throw it into a ziplock bag and break pieces off as desired. Barely any crumbles even! And no sticky fingers.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SKINNY CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA MARBLE BREAD
- IT’S FUN – seriously so fun to make and so fun to eat. You feel like a true baker creating that marble effect!
- Chocolate and vanilla – do I need to say more? Both flavors in each bite. Best of both worlds.
- It’s actually really easy to make – swear to God. It looks so fancy right? But I promise, this bread is so easy!
- The macros are amazing – just 77 calories for a slice! And with less than 2g of fat. It’s macro magic!
- Great for on the go – this bread is not sticky nor does it crumble. It makes for a great grab-and-go snack or breakfast.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Protein powder – I used PEScience protein powder because it bakes amazingly! Just vanilla for this recipe – for both the chocolate and vanilla parts – but you can switch up the flavors if you wish! I have tried it with cake pop as well and it is delicious! (You can save 10% on PEScience products with my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie)
- All-purpose flour
- Coconut flour
- Sweetener – I used Splenda for baking
- Sour cream
- Unsweetened applesauce
HOW TO MAKE
- Make the vanilla and chocolate batter. You will just use half of the vanilla “base” batter to make the chocolate batter.
- Take turns spooning the chocolate and vanilla batters into the bread ban, alternating spoonfuls as you go. Once you line the bottom of the pan, go back and top each layer with alternating spoonfuls. By that I mean – putting another spoonful of vanilla batter on top of the bottom chocolate layer and vice versa.
- Once all the batter is in the bread pan, take a toothpick and made circles in the batter to create that “marble effect.” This is the fun part!
- Then just bake, cool, slice and enjoy!
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this skinny chocolate and vanilla marble bread and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Oooooh any bread with sour cream in the recipe is instantly better! Going to try this with some PB smeared on top 🙂
I subbed out the sour cream for nonfat Greek yogurt and this bread was amazing. The texture was to die for. I made them in cupcake cups and freeze them and they reheat so well! This is a must try!
I love these! I can’t wait to bake them as muffins