This pumpkin cauliflower oatmeal recipe makes for the perfect cozy breakfast! The cauliflower rice and egg whites make it a filling meal that will leave you satisfied for hours. Top with some nut butter and pancake syrup to bring out the flavors of the pumpkin oatmeal even more!
All I have to say is, thank goodness for cauliflower rice! This past year I have consumed so much cauliflower rice that I could feed a family of 5 for months. Maybe even longer 😂 but really, it is such a great volume food. It is neutral in taste so you can pair it with just about anything to add more volume to the meal without adding too many extra calories. You can go the savory route like with my Jammin Breakfast Crunch Wrap and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Dip…. or the sweet route with these Apple Pie Cauliflower Oats or these Pumpkin Cauliflower Oats here!
- Quick oats
- Frozen cauliflower rice – I would definitely recommend using frozen for this! I have tried with cauliflower rice from my fridge and it just doesn’t taste as fresh.
- Canned pumpkin
- Egg whites
- Sugar free pancake syrup – there are many varieties out there that have a gross, artificial taste. I use Walden Farm’s and Cary’s brand interchangeably and they are two of the only brands I have thought tasted good and not artificial! If you can’t find or simply want something more natural, you can use pure maple syrup for this.
- Sweetener – I used liquid stevia for this recipe, like this one here. Feel free to use whatever sweetener you would like! Note that stevia is sweeter than normal sugar, so if you do need to sub, you likely will need to add more to get the same level of sweetness.
- Butter extract
- Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
Why You’ll Love This Oatmeal
- Voluminous and filling…. AKA oatmeal for days
- Can be made in the microwave in a matter of minutes
- Warm, cozy, comforting. You will be savoring every bite.
- Easy to adjust ingredients to meet protein needs. Need more? Just add more egg whites or some protein powder in there! Need less? Add less!
- There are so many fun toppings that can be added that you will never get bored!
- Peanut or almond butter. Highly recommend American Dream Nut Butter. Best flavored and consistency of nut butter in existence. So many good flavors. But if you must, any nut butter that you love will pair amazingly on top of these oats!
For all American Dream Nut Butter products, you can use code LaurenFitFoodie to save 10%.
- Chocolate chips. Make them mini to make it even better 😍
- Fruit – fresh or frozen, although to be 100% honest, I always prefer frozen. Unless we’re talking sauteed apples like in my Apple Pie Cauliflower Oats. Heavenly!
- Black cocoa – you just need a little but this adds an amazing cookies and cream like chocolate punch. I use HIIT Nutrition. Also, you need to add pancake syrup too if you add this. SO GOOD.
- PBfit – more peanut butter flavored goodness but for less fat than normal peanut butter
- Sugar free pancake syrup – some Walden Farm’s syrup drizzled on top of these oats absolutely makes them
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie), because I love seeing your yummy recreations!