Buttery cookie with white chocolate chips, all drizzled with vanilla icing on top. Packed with protein and only 310 calories for the whole entire skillet!
With all the love of the original Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie, I knew it was time to create another flavor! I mean there’s just too many delicious cookie flavors not to right!?
The day I made this was, I was in the mood for something really sweet. Still chocolate (of course) but when I saw the white chocolate chips sitting in my pantry, I knew it was happening.
I will admit, I am typically more of a fan of milk, semi-sweet and dark chocolate. But every now and then, I will get an intense urge for some ultra creamy, sweet and smooth, decadent white chocolate. And boy, was this decadent.
Minimal ingredients and just as simple to bake as the original skillet cookie, just bursting with some new flavors!
- Protein powder – I use PEScience brand because it my absolute favorite protein powder to bake with! The flavor is on point and there is zero “protein-like” taste when baked like I found with many other protein powder brands. For this recipe, my favorite to use is Cake Pop because it gives the cookie a “yellow cake mix” flavor, and holy moly is it so good.
For all Pescience products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 10%
- Coconut flour – This flour has different absorbant properties than other flours and for that reason can not be subbed. 100% worth the investment if you don’t have already – I use this flour for so much! You can find at some grocery stores, but since I don’t always have luck, I order off Amazon. I use both Viva Naturals and Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking powder – I can’t stress this enough, make sure your baking powder is FRESH (opened within the past 6 months) and there are no clumps! Clumps make for a very gross taste 😆
- Zero-calorie sweetener – use whatever your heart desires. Use real sugar if you want. I usually just use the granulated sweetener I buy off Amazon or at the store that looks like this: SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener Granulated Sugar Substitute.
- Unsweetened applesauce – I like it best with applesauce, but if you need, you can replace with canned pumpkin or mashed banana.
- Egg whites
- Butter or vanilla extract – I prefer butter because it gives the whole cookie a BUTTER-like flavor (and what is not to love about that?!) I get mine off Amazon because I sometimes have trouble finding it in stores. I use both McCormick and Watkins brand interchangeably. Both are great and oh my goodness I cannot tell you the difference this addition makes! Butter-flavored explosion.
Cast iron skillet – I am using a 8-inch skillet here. I also regularly use a cake pan to make my life easier and it turns out just as awesome as well! The baking times may differ though, so just be sure to keep an eye on it. When using a cake pan, I usually let mine bake for 15 minutes for a “gooier” cookie; for a more “cakier” cookie, bake for a tad longer.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this white chocolate protein skillet cookie and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!