Buttery cookie with white chocolate chips, all drizzled with vanilla icing on top. Packed with protein and only 310 calories for the whole entire skillet!
With all the love of the original Chocolate Chip Protein Skillet Cookie, I knew it was time to create another flavor! I mean there’s just too many delicious cookie flavors not to right!?
The day I made this was, I was in the mood for something really sweet. Still chocolate (of course) but when I saw the white chocolate chips sitting in my pantry, I knew it was happening.
I will admit, I am typically more of a fan of milk, semi-sweet and dark chocolate. But every now and then, I will get an intense urge for some ultra creamy, sweet and smooth, decadent white chocolate. And boy, was this decadent.
Minimal ingredients and just as simple to bake as the original skillet cookie, just bursting with some new flavors!
- Protein powder – I use PEScience brand because it my absolute favorite protein powder to bake with! The flavor is on point and there is zero “protein-like” taste when baked like I found with many other protein powder brands. For this recipe, my favorite to use is Cake Pop because it gives the cookie a “yellow cake mix” flavor, and holy moly is it so good.
For all Pescience products, you can use code “LaurenFitFoodie” to save 10%
- Coconut flour – This flour has different absorbant properties than other flours and for that reason can not be subbed. 100% worth the investment if you don’t have already – I use this flour for so much! You can find at some grocery stores, but since I don’t always have luck, I order off Amazon. I use both Viva Naturals and Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking powder – I can’t stress this enough, make sure your baking powder is FRESH (opened within the past 6 months) and there are no clumps! Clumps make for a very gross taste 😆
- Zero-calorie sweetener – use whatever your heart desires. Use real sugar if you want. I usually just use the granulated sweetener I buy off Amazon or at the store that looks like this: SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener Granulated Sugar Substitute.
- Unsweetened applesauce – I like it best with applesauce, but if you need, you can replace with canned pumpkin or mashed banana.
- Egg whites
- Butter or vanilla extract – I prefer butter because it gives the whole cookie a BUTTER-like flavor (and what is not to love about that?!) I get mine off Amazon because I sometimes have trouble finding it in stores. I use both McCormick and Watkins brand interchangeably. Both are great and oh my goodness I cannot tell you the difference this addition makes! Butter-flavored explosion.
Cast iron skillet – I am using a 8-inch skillet here. I also regularly use a cake pan to make my life easier and it turns out just as awesome as well! The baking times may differ though, so just be sure to keep an eye on it. When using a cake pan, I usually let mine bake for 15 minutes for a “gooier” cookie; for a more “cakier” cookie, bake for a tad longer.
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this white chocolate protein skillet cookie and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!
Just made this….SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
No problem! So glad you enjoyed! 🙂
This recipe is delicious 🤤 Who knew you could eat a cookie and fit your macros too! This hot cookie is the perfect, sweet nightcap. I can’t wait to try all your other recipes ❤️
Omg chocolate chip cookies are my absolute FAVORITE!! Friend recommended your page and I’ve been drooling with every post!! Excited to try this recipe!
This was soooo good and even good a few days later <3 so easy to make and took no time at all!
After coming off of a bikini prep I was terrified to add back in desserts. This cookie literally saved me so much anxiety! I make a bunch of your recipes but this one is always my go to favorite. It’s so easy to switch up the flavors too for variety!!
This looks amazing! I just ordered some prescience protein powder I can’t wait to try it! I ordered the pb cookie one, which is your favorite or best for recipes? Thanks!
You and me both!!! My favorite dessert!
This cookie has literally saved me this holiday season… I am able to stick to my macros and STILL enjoy something sweet. This cookie gets to go to my recipe book collection where I keep only THE best of the best to someday pass on to my children. So to you I THANK YOU!
Just made this into little cookies because I don’t have a skillet, putting that on my Christmas list!!
This is the best cookie skillet I have ever made, such a good way to get your protein but enjoy your sweet tooth as well 🙂 This is always a go to!
This looks so good I HAVE to try it out! So glad you made something with white chocolate because it’s my fave…call me crazy but it’s the only kind of chocolate I like!!
This web site truly has all of the information and facts I needed
about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.
This recipe is so so good. I even have tried subbing it out with PB chips, butterscotch chips, and a mix of all of them and still kills it every time.
Hey Lauren! Looking forward to making this tomorrow. Curious what size skillet you used? Thanks!
Hey Angie, this is an 8-inch skillet! You can also use a cake pan if you don’t have one, the cooking time just might vary some 🙂