Creamy, sweet and perfectly spiced pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough! Lower in fat than your typical cookie dough with added protein and fiber from the garbanzo beans. No one will guess this dip is secretly healthy 😉
I don’t know about you, but cookie dough is probably one of my favorite things on earth. I am sure many of you can agree! I mean chilled, doughy, amazingness. And with chocolate chips. There always has to be chocolate chips!
I am all about all the pumpkin things this time of year and this cookie dough was no different. I was craving a big batch of healthified cookie dough to sit down and snack on while watching a movie. And when the thought of making it pumpkin flavored crossed by mind, I got so pumped!
What You Need
I will add links for the brands referenced in the recipe card below. Otherwise, I just found these ingredients at the grocery store!
- Garbanzo beans, canned
- Peanut butter powder – I use PbFit
- Canned pumpkin – I use Libby’s
- Sugar-free pancake syrup – I use Walden Farm’s or Cary’s brand
- Butter + vanilla extract – I use Watkins brand for both
- Liquid stevia – I use Natrisweet.
- Salt, baking powder – for taste
- Mini chocolate chips – or normal! I have done both, but would definitely say mini is better because that means there’s more 😉
How to Make
Its super easy! Don’t let the step about peeling the garbanzo beans scare you. It really doesn’t take that long. The more you do it, the better/faster you get at it. It only took me 5 minutes this time! I will share some help tips below – but really all you have to make this is:
- Rinse, peel and dry garbanzo beans
- Throw everything into a food processor/high powered blended
- Let chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. No one wants to eat warm dough!
Helpful Tips to Make Peeling Easier
- Run the beans in a colander over loop warm water for a couple minutes while gathering other ingredients.
- Shake around over running water, shake around again and shake around some more. This will help loosen the skin. You’ notice some of it even starting to peel off.
- Grabbing the beans a couple at a time, separate the peeling from the bean and place the peeled beans on a folded paper towels. Repeat until you get through all the beans.
- Put a paper towel on top of the beans and gently rub around to completely dry. You will likely notice some more peeling here, just take a quick look and discard before weighing and throwing the beans into the food processor.
As always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie), because I love seeing your yummy recreations!
- 1 15-oz can (190g) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and peeled (see notes below)
- 2 tbsp (16g) peanut butter powder
- ¼ cup (60g) canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar free pancake syrup - I used Walden Farms
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter extract
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp (6 mL) liquid stevia*
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 + ½ tbsp (22g) mini chocolate chips
- Rinse garbanzo beans thoroughly, peeling as you go. Once all beans are peeled and rinsed, pat dry with a couple of paper towels. It is important that the beans are completely dry as this will effect the consistency of the dough.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend and pulse on high speed until ingredients are mixed thoroughly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once blended, stir in chocolate chips and store in the fridge in an airtight container or covered in saran wrap. Let chill for at least 2 hours before eating - no one wants warm dough 😉
MFP entry: Lauren Fit Foodie Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip
*I highly recommend making sure all the beans are peeled. It will still taste great if you don't, but trust me, it makes a huge difference when you do. It only took my 5 minutes to do so! Leaving them under running water and gently rubbing them allows the peeling to come right off. Once the peeling is off, make sure to dry the beans COMPLETELY. Leaving water on them will result in a less thick cookie dough dip.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
PBfit All-Natural Organic Peanut Butter Powder, Powdered Peanut Spread from Real Roasted Pressed Peanuts, 8g of Protein (30 oz.)
Watkins Butter Extract with Other Natural Flavors, 11 oz. Bottle, 1 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Walden Farms- Calorie Free Pancake Syrup- (Pack of 2 12 oz bottles)
NatriSweet Original Stevia Liquid Drops 8 oz, No Alcohol, Zero Calorie Natural Sugar Substitute, Highly Concentrated Stevia Extract, Naturally Sweet, Unflavored
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1/4 of recipe (83g)
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 3gCarbohydrates 18gProtein 5g