The easiest avocado chicken salad you will ever make! Packed with flavor from the lime juice and cilantro and lightened up with yogurt instead of mayo to keep calories down. Fresh and filling lunch (or dinner) recipe that can be added to a wrap, topped on a salad or toasted bread. This recipe will be on repeat all summer long!
It has been HOT here in Charleston lately. And while I still have my crunch wraps on the regular, sometimes I just need something cooler to munch on to cool down from the heat. I decided to whip up this avocado chicken salad last week and it has absolutely been hitting the spot!
I love me a good chicken salad regardless – but adding that avocado in the mix really leveled things in this recipe! Combined with the cilantro and lime juice, this salad is just bursting in flavor! It’s like fresh guacamole meets creamy chilled chicken salad. Lightened-up to keep calories down from traditional chicken salads and the perfect meal to satisfy your hunger and cravings without being too heavy. Since we all know that summer heat is no joke!
My absolute favorite way of eating this chicken salad has been stuffed in a chilled wrap with added pickled onions. UGH THE FLAVORS YALL. I had to write a separate recipe for the wrap since it is so epic, so for details on that check out Avocado Chicken Salad Cool Wrap. I keep my wraps stored in the fridge, then store the avocado chicken salad in the fridge for a bit to chill before assembling. So the wrap COOL and refreshing. I don’t know what my deal is with food but I either want it to be HOT or COLD. Room temperature just isn’t the same 😆
Besides the wrap, I have experimented using the chicken salad other ways. It really is so versatile!
Other ways to enjoy avocado chicken salad:
- Topped on a mixed greens salad – loaded with other veggies – favorites being roasted cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, and pickled onions (of course)
- Topped on some salted rice cakes – I like doing this when I’m in the mood for something crunchy!
- Topped on some toasted toast. Toasted toast lol. I don’t why that is funny to write. It’s like an open-faced sandwich this way which is always a good idea! I probably do this second most to the wrap because, I mean… bread. 😛
- As a dip with chips. I’m not using a of fan of chips (honestly just prefer soft bread over the crunchiness of chips) but Simon is all about that chip life and this is how he’s been eating it most often.
- Crunch wrap? I haven’t tried this yet but when has something stuffed in a crunch wrap ever turned out bad?! 😆
If you love avocado, you gotta try this one out! And as always, if you try, tag me on Instagram (@LaurenFitFoodie) because I love seeing your yummy recreations!