This Circus Animal Cookie Protein Milkshake is decadently sweet, creamy, and tastes just like an animal cookie! It’s everything your childhood self could want, but prepared in a way your adult self can feel good about. Seriously, it’s pure heaven!
Is it fair to say this may be new favorite of them all?
I am absolutely obsessed (yes, obsessed) with frosted animal cookies. Not only do they scream nostalgia for me, but they also use to be a fear food of mine. I literally could not control myself around these cookies. I am so glad my relationship with food has improved, because DANG, I have missed these sweet cookies. It’s fine to enjoy what you love in moderation, friends. And this milkshake helps accomplish just that. Get your frosted animal cookie fix in a more balanced and filling way!
For this milkshake, I use my Ninja IQ blender. I am absolutely in love with it. I have tried a number of blenders and this one, no doubt, creates the best milkshake consistency. It’s even small enough to leave out on the counter and makes for easy clean up!
If you don’t have a Ninja IQ, no worries. You can still make this animal cookie milkshake! You may just need to shake your blender around some more to break up the ice and get a super creamy consistency.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS ANIMAL COOKIE PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- Satisfy your cravings while keeping calories down!
- It’s bursting with frosted animal cookie magic and seriously magical y’all!
- The protein powder base creates a super balanced treat.
- Made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- So easy to make! Literally, just blend and enjoy!!
- Perfect milkshake texture!
- This is a ginormous dessert. It makes so much!
- Protein powder – I used PEScience Cake Pop. A subtle flavor like Cake Pop or Vanilla works best for this recipe. If you wish to use another protein powder, make sure it is one that is also a whey + casein blend. For all Pescience products, you can use my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie to save 15% off your purchase.
- Ice cream – Just a little is enough to make your milkshake super creamy. I love using Edy’s Slow Churned French Vanilla.
- Cake Batter extract – The real punch that gives this milkshake that true cake batter + animal cookie flavor. I use McCormick’s.
- Circus Animal Cookies – The star of the show!! I love how fun and sweet these cookies are.
- Nonpareil sprinkles – We use the Circus Animal Cookie sprinkle in this milkshake, too!
- Red food coloring – Just a tiny amount and totally optional. This is what makes our milkshake pink and so much fun!
- Stevia – I use Natrisweet Stevia Liquid Drops.
- Xanthan gum – Helps create thickness. I use Bob’s Red Mill.
- Almond milk – You can also use cashew, oat, or whatever other milk you wish!
- Ice – For the best consistency, make sure it’s fresh!
HOW TO MAKE THIS ANIMAL COOKIE PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- Add all ingredients (except sprinkles and animal cookies) to blender.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add two of the cookies into your milkshake and pulse just a few times just to break them up a little bit. You don’t want to break them up completely!
- Pour into a glass or bowl. Then, top/stir in the other half of the cookies and sprinkles. Top with whipped cream, cool whip, a little bit of vanilla frosting if you are feeling super fancy!
- Then just sit back and enjoy this amazingly sweet treat!
Depending on your blender, you may need to shake around or stir the ingredients with a spoon to make sure all the ice is broken up. Do this until you achieve your desired consistency. Then, add your sprinkles on top or stir them. Blending them all into the shake breaks them up too much for me personally, but I still love having them in each bite!
TIPS FOR THE BEST MILKSHAKE CONSISTENCY
- Use a good quality blender – I am not saying you need to get the Ninja IQ like me. Obviously, use what you have and try to make it work. But I will say that the appliance you use does matter here. You need a blender or food processor that is strong enough to break the ice up. Otherwise, the consistency of your milkshake will be off.
- Use fresh ice – It breaks up and blends better!
- Measure your ingredients – I am also NOT saying you need to buy a food scale, but it really makes life so much easier. The ratio of ingredients is important for overall consistency and the digital scale helps so much. And you’ll have less measuring cups to clean!
- Use a good quality protein powder – Not all protein powders blend equally. A whey + casein blend is used for this recipe. I used PEScience Cake Pop. It doesn’t have a weird protein taste and brings an amazing texture. I know there are other good brands too, I just don’t have much experience experimenting with other brands (PEScience makes me happy enough) – so if you do use another, just make sure you know it’s a good brand 🙂
- Use Xanthan gum – You could technically omit this, but if you have it on hand, go ahead and add a little! It helps a ton with achieving the thickness we are looking for. I would stick to 1/4 tsp, though. Anything more and things start to get weird!
MORE FROZEN TREATS
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try this circus animal cookie shake and love it, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!