These blueberry oatmeal cookies are every bit of what they sound and more! They’re soft, buttery, made with wholesome ingredients, packed with protein, and bursting with fresh, fruity flavor. And they take only 8 minutes to bake!
Do blueberries in cookies sound weird to you? 😂 I mean technically speaking, they are just like raisins, except with fresh fruit instead of dried fruit. And while I do LOVE me some oatmeal raisin cookies, blueberries are my all-time favorite fruit, we just happened to have a lot of extra ones on hand and I just HAD to see how they would turn out! I LOVE how they burst with sweet fruity flavor in each bite. And paired with a chewy and buttery oatmeal cookie? MY GOODNESS it’s a match-mate in heaven! These Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies are perfectly sweet with just the right about of spice, soft, only 58 calories, and they bake in just 8 minutes!
But if you aren’t a blueberry fan either, don’t worry. This recipe is totally customizable! Toss in some chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or whatever else you like.
These Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies are great to prep for the week. Save them for grab-and-go breakfasts or snacks, or as a sweet treat to enjoy after your workout. They’re made with healthy, wholesome ingredients and are super macro-friendly!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE BLUEBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
- They’re seriously delicious!
- Who doesn’t love a rich buttery cookie bursting with sweet blueberry goodness?
- The texture is incredible. A soft baked gooey cookie.
- Great for a grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
- The perfect size for a filling snack packed with fiber and protein. They’re great for pre or post workout sweet treat!
- ONLY 58 CALORIES! And super macro-friendly with just 8g carbs, 3.5g protein, and 1.2g fat per cookie!
- Made with healthy, wholesome ingredients.
- So customizable! Instead of blueberries, you can use chocolate chips, nuts, or any other dried, fresh or frozen fruit!
- Bake them in just 8 minutes!
- Protein powder – I used Pescience Vanilla. For this recipe, my other favorites are Cake Pop and Peanut Butter Cookie. For all Pescience products, you can use my affiliate code LaurenFitFoodie to save 10%.
- All-purpose flour
- Quick oats
- Splenda – or other granulated sweetener of choice
- Cinnamon + baking powder + salt
- Butter – I used I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter Light spreadable butter
- Sugar-free pancake syrup – I used Walden Farms pancake syrup.
- Milk – I used unsweetened almond vanilla. Any milk will do!
- Vanilla extract
- Blueberries – Love these! But feel free to to use whatever you want. Chocolate chips, nuts, the possibilities are endless!
Missing an ingredient? Allergic to something? No problem! Here are some substitutions that will work:
- You can replace all purpose flour with gluten-free flour, whole wheat flour, or almond flour.
- Instead of Splenda, you can use white sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, or any other granulated sweetener
- In place of pancake syrup, try honey, maple syrup, agave or any other sticky syrup.
- Feel free to substitute any fresh, frozen, or dried fruit for the blueberries!
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9″ baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk wet ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Combine.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour dough onto baking sheet and shape into 12 cookies. Gently mash blueberries with a fork. This will allow them to burst with sweet blueberry juices when baking!😍
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out and let cool on a rack to prevent over-baking.
HOW TO STORE
Store in an air-tight storage container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Wrap cookies individually in parchment paper, aluminum foil, or wax paper. Store in freezer-safe Ziplock bag for up to 6 months.
LOOKING FOR MORE COOKIES?
Check out these other cookie recipes:
WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you try these blueberry oatmeal cookies and love them, please rate this recipe!
You can also tag me on Instagram, @LaurenFitFoodie. It makes my day seeing your yummy recreations!